[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people mean when they say they "have" friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: map_of_scotland.jpg (55 KB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
map_of_scotland.jpg
55 KB, 466x350
What do people mean when they say they "have" friends?
Can you "have" another person? I don't think you can. That person is free, you don't have them
>>
>>17268697
I think we should bring slavery back for this purpose
>>
>>17268697

It means you're overthinking shit, you sperg.

What else should they say? "I acknowledge friendship with individuals?"

You probably don't have any friends.
>>
File: IMG_20160405_203844.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_203844.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>17268697
OP, friendship is mutual ownership of one another, it's a bond between two people, not one way ownership. You have a friend, they have a friend and thus even though there is only one thing between the two of you (friendship) both of you gain it to equal degrees. This is the transmutation of the human experience, the method by which we become greater than we are.
>>
>>17268697
>Can you "have" another person? I don't think you can. That person is free, you don't have them
The word "have" doesn't imply ownership, paticularly when used in reference to people. For example, I have a younger brother, but he isn't my property. Equally, "I don't have either of my parents" implies that they've passed away, not that I sold them.
>>
Shut the fuck up, you fucking hippy
You're probably one of those open relationship sluts who uses "you can't own me i'm free" as an excuse to sleep around
Useless hippy
>>
>>17268697

You don't own the individual. You own the abstract concept of the bond between you.

Emotions are "owned" by the mind, yes? So therefore your emotions are owned by your own mind. Through your interaction with another a mutual emotion of comradery forms within each of you in relation to the other. This is what you "have". Not the other person themselves.

To lose friends is to damage or remove the emotion that draws the two of you close, not the physical proximity or ownership of them. True friends can pick up where they left off after years apart for this very reason.
>>
>He literally can't comprehend human relationships
Too funny
>>
reminds me of a girl who was all about, "no titles, no possession, we're just in love" blah blah blah

Took me a long time to convince myself of this, the entire time i knew it was bullshit but girls man

She was actually a cheating whore who wasn't technically cheating if she wasn't technically my girlfriend
>>
File: 1458526772242.jpg (42 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1458526772242.jpg
42 KB, 562x437
>>17268697
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.