[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got caught maybe a month ago pirating a movie by my ISP, when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1454991076571.jpg (70 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
1454991076571.jpg
70 KB, 587x545
I got caught maybe a month ago pirating a movie by my ISP, when is it gonna be safe to pirate shit again, if ever? I am only really worried because it is my apartments internet, and they land lord would probably toss my ass if he got chewed out by Cox twice.

I only ask because I want to pirate more music.
>>
>>17267628
you could download the music from youtube using one of those flash to mp3 convertor softwares or sites. i dont know any legit ones, but i hear people do that.
>>
>>17267644
The only problem with that is that every mp3 comes out individually, and they never fit together in album lists on phones and mp3 players. And you don't get the cover art
>>
>>17267628
USE
A
VPN
YOU
NIGGER
>>
Either learn how to use a VPN or don't seed ever. Or you can try private trackers.

Remove torrents as soon as they are finished. The longer you seed or download a torrent, the higher the chance that your IP will be picked up

I got chewed out by my ISP and kept torrenting the next day just wasn't so careless

idk for you tho
>>
>>17267628
vpn or stop doing illegal shit =P
>>
File: 1466213673343-pol.png (251 KB, 494x493) Image search: [Google]
1466213673343-pol.png
251 KB, 494x493
>>17267657
>not using audacity
>not downloading .wav
End it anon.
>>
File: s_o7hsFw.jpg (63 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
s_o7hsFw.jpg
63 KB, 800x800
>>17267628
Buy the music you bum
>>
>>17267955
>buying music
You must be high
>>
>>17267963
Go away from me
>>
File: apw-2_original-660x509.jpg (43 KB, 660x509) Image search: [Google]
apw-2_original-660x509.jpg
43 KB, 660x509
>>17267628
>>17267644
Here you go, OP.
http://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/

Personally, I just use Youtube.
>>
>>17267700
>or don't seed ever.
This doesn't actually prevent you from being discovered. Your IP gets broadcasted to everyone who's part of a torrent as soon as you start connecting to it, this is necessary so they know to send parts of the torrent file to you.
>>
or pay people money for their hard work
feels good to be a member of society
>>
>>17268757
Tfw google doesn't have to pay but we do
>>
>>17267628
They monitor certain popular movies/shows, it wasn't and won't be safe

My advice to to get a VPN, make sure it encrypts your connection, and use that whenever you're torrenting. Your ISP will see you're communicating with a server in Asia or whatever but won't be able to see what it's sending you.

Hotspot sheild works pretty well for me, and, surprise, you can torrent it pretty easily
>>
>>17268741
well yeah, but that stops when you disconnect, no? so don't stay on longer than necessary/don't seed.
>>
>>17268793
Their tracking of torrents isn't really an on/off thing. Either they're tracking a particular torrent and they get you as soon as you start trying to download it, or they're not tracking it and you can do whatever you want.

It's not like you can avoid getting got by downloading something completely and then stopping inbetween moments in which they record who's on the torrent.
>>
>>17267657
Use MP3Tag. its a GOAT program
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.