[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the things that make you proud to call your gf/bf yours?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: large.gif (229 KB, 250x216) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
229 KB, 250x216
what are the things that make you proud to call your gf/bf yours? where there moments you where especially proud of them?
>>
>>17267577

OP no one is proud of people any more. We are all selfish, egomaniacal, sociopaths who can only think of what benefits us directly and immediately. This thread will die not because it's a poor question (it's not) but because no one will have answer.
>>
When he does something stupid or awkward and I think "man, he's an idiot, but he's MY idiot"
>>
Also because you're not asking for /adv/ice
>>
>>17267584
i don't think so.

>>17267588
i know. but there are threads like that frequently, so i thought i'll give it a try.

i can contribute to that myself.
i have observed my bf playing with my nephews often. and everytime i do, i'm so proud to call him mine.
it also happens when i catch girls checking him out.
or when i watch him learn. he's so concentrated and you can see his brain work really hard, it's insanely cute.

i'm sure there is a lot more.
>>
>>17267577
very proud she got huge accolades for her work after I encouraged her for years. Within two months she left me for her new "agent"
>>
>>17267637
i'm sorry...
>>
i get really proud of my boyfriend when he tells me about good things he does for his family. or when he rambles to me about something hes thinking through and finally figures it out. or when i can tell he steps a little out of his comfort zone and opens up to me.

there are a lot of things he does that make me proud of him.
>>
My wife was diagnosed with systemic lupus 3 years ago. During that time she found out she had the same cancer that killed her mother in her uterus. At age of 32 she had undergo a hysterectomy. One year after her mother passed. She still remains one of the sweetest, kindest, funniest, friendliest people I ever knew.

There isn't a day that goes by that I am not proud of her.
>>
>>17267653
>of his comfort zone and opens up to me
i get that too. i get overwhelmed with love when we have one of those deep and honest conversations. no matter the topic. i feel very connected. that's wonderful
>>
>>17267663
>There isn't a day that goes by that I am not proud of her.
that is so cute.
i hope your wife wins her fight. do you already have kids or what do you do about that beacause of the hysterectomy?
>>
>>17267672
Thank you that is very kind of you to wish for her. We do not have children, and after a lengthy discussion about surrogates, adoption, and whatnot we both have decided that we are happier without them. She and I have enough to handle with her condition, and my workloads to enter a kid into the mix and have them have to deal with our handicaps. So it looks like dogs and cats for us!
>>
I am proud whenever she does something kind, when she learns to cook something new, when she works on her art. Whenever she does something she thought she couldn't do.

When she helps me when I am having trouble. This one is a big one, since I feel a mix of gratitude and pride.

But it's hard to not be proud of someone you love.
>>
when he opens up to me. he is super private and isnt comfortable sharing too deeply so i feel super loved and proud that he chose me to tell. thats when im proud to call him mine
>>
>>17267686
>So it looks like dogs and cats for us!
well, puppies are quiet a commitment and handfull too, so you should be good.
i'm so sorry. my mom had a hysterectomy too. but she already has had kids, so there's that. i know it's tough to deal with that as a woman. i really salut her for not loosing her bubbly ways. i don't know if i could handle that so well.
>>
>>17267689
>she thought she couldn't do.
i love seeing him achieving something and being proud of it himself.

>mix of gratitude and pride
when is that? if she takes care of you when you are sick for example?
>>
>>17267693
>i feel super loved and proud that he chose me to tell
agreed. it's a very special thing when someone trusts you so much they tell you their deepest emotions, fears, hopes and memories.
>>
>>17267703
She took it like a champ. Her mindset was, well, it beats being DEAD. That is just the kind of person she is. I love her for it, and yeah kids are something but being with your soulmate is worth any sacrifice. Also, our pups are a handful anyway. You are too kind, I am sorry your mother had to endure that but she has you so she is happy I am sure.
>>
>>17267716
>it beats being DEAD
what a grande way to see it... i'm really impressed.

>being with your soulmate is worth any sacrifice
couldn't agree more with you

i wish the two of you a life filled with love and cute puppies
>>
File: 1466110135655.jpg (27 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1466110135655.jpg
27 KB, 313x313
>>17267720
Thanks anon. It is so rare to see kindness here I get thrown off when it happens
>>
>>17267707
Yep. But also since I am technically an immigrant she has to deal with some legal stuff to keep me here, etc.

It feels really nice to be so loved.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.