[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /adv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1442467824574.gif (991 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1442467824574.gif
991 KB, 320x240
So, my gf and I have been dating for two months now, and she's a smoker. Die hard smoker. I don't mind the weed side, but when she smokes tobacco, I get really fucked off because of the obvious health risks and so on. When I try to talk about it, she pulls the guilt card: but anon, it keeps me calm (she reckons she has depression, but I don't know). I want her off the tobacco, but I don't know how to go about it. Any tips? Also, pic unrelated
>>
She doesn't want your help, stop being a nag and fuck off.
>>
It only keeps her calm because she's staving off withdrawal. She wouldn't need tobacco if she wasn't addicted to it.
>>
>>17267427
Yeah, that's true. It'd be great if you could go around saying "hey you should do this, it's good for you" and be thanked and have them actually do it, but the world doesn't work that way.

OP, you only have partial influence over people. There are ways to tilt the odds in your favour - you should be encouraging, not accusatory. You should live a great life of your own, because when you look at people, you can tell how well they're doing. If your life is great, she'll likely want to be a greater part of it, and your opinions will hold more weight.

But you must always know it's never a guarantee to be able to change another's mind.
>>
>>17267443
Jesus, I never thought I'd hear something so poetic and true on the chans. Thanks man, I'll look into that
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.