[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paranoia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20160617_23_16_19_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160617_23_16_19_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3552x2000
I'm paranoid that my parents are spying on me. I went out to a quiet place today and I wanted to think out loud for a bit but I constantly felt like maybe my parents were listening in through some spy app on my phone, so I had to whisper.

How fucking autistic am I that I have to do that? I've checked my phone and it's not like there are any traces of any spy apps on it, and I turned off WiFi and 4G so there's no way anyone without a backdoor could listen in on me in real time. Phone has a passcode too so there's really nothing to worry about.

How do I stop being paranoid about this? At home I sometimes even feel like my parents are reading my thoughts so I try to think about something random to throw them off. There's no secret mind reading ability you unlock when you reach 30, right?
>>
>>17267096
Get crossfaded and bust a nut.

Holy fuck.
>>
>>17267096
>How do I stop being paranoid about this? At home I sometimes even feel like my parents are reading my thoughts so I try to think about something random to throw them off. There's no secret mind reading ability you unlock when you reach 30, right?

Why are you so afraid of your parents, specifically, spying on you? Have they ever betrayed your trust in a way that would lead you to this conclusion? Do they regularly go through your things? Because if they don't, you sound mentally ill.
>>
>>17267096
No you faggot there isnt.

And unless your folks are technowizards, there's no spy app on your phone. Chances are, most of what your say is unimpressive and unimportant to them. They have other shit to worry about than your think out loud moments
>>
>>17267098
...How would that help? I've never drunk alcohol or done weed before, so it's probably not a good idea.

>>17267103
Not recently, but they've spied on me and gone through my things before. I am mentally ill though, not officially, but I'm sure I'm fairly fucked in the head.

>>17267104
You are right, but it's awkward to think/talk about personal things when I feel like someone's listening. And I know there's 99% chance they aren't spying on me, but this isn't something I can control consciously. I just feel awkward because I subconsciously feel someone might be listening to my thoughts or some shit.
>>
>>17267116
Mind reading does not exist. Neither does telepathy or magic patent powers outside of the smarts provided by age and observation

Why are you do worked up about your thoughts anon? Sounds like you're being hyper critically worried about how people view you
>>
>>17267096
hi anon /g/ here
you probably just feeling the nsa presence

nothing to worry about
they got everything about you already
>>
>>17267165
I don't know... It's just with my parents though, I don't feel like this with anyone else. Don't care if the NSA is spying on me
>>
>>17268042
Buddy, you're hardly interesting or important enough for the NSA to spy on you

You're a manchild who is hyper sensation to parental criticism and , at a basic level, craves approval and moral support .

You are also probably pissing people off with your tumblr mental issue bullshit. Quit being scared of growing up and start acting like getting your shit together is priority number 1. Quit being a burden to others
>>
>>17268394
>craves approval and moral support
Yes

>>17268394
>Quit being scared of growing up
How? I'm scared of change and taking chances. I always try to play life defensively.
>>
>>17267096
on a serious note, they probably have tracking on your phone and watch your computer. you should turn off your phone so that you have less anxiety. you dont feel that way for no reason.
>>
>>17267165
Actually I think being psychic is a big possibility. It's just possible if you're mentally weak enough to believe it could actually happen today you.
>>
>>17267096
I think you need psychiatric help. No joke.

Please call someone really close to you and tell them your situation and ask them to go with you to see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17267096
Seek help. It could get worse.

Sounds like you have some of the precursors of schizophrenia
>>
>>17270440
Then if they call me, they'll know I have it off and suspect something, or just get worried. Plus, I'm sure they don't spy on me, I just need to convince myself of that somehow.

>>17270522
>>17270622
O-Okay... I'm going to see a psychologist sometime soon anyway, although it is for a different reason, should I ask him about my paranoia?
>>
Your thoughts are safe.
Surveillance is a very real thing.
You're young probably, and probably naive.
Spying on cellular devices is more common than you'd think.

The people who jump to the label of mental illness, schizophrenia, pranoid personality disorder, ect ect are either close minded and have trouble believing it, enjoy contributing to the gaslighting or shilling IF you're being spied on, or something in between.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.