[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broke up. First it was only anger, thought It's over once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: melancholy.jpg (69 KB, 745x557) Image search: [Google]
melancholy.jpg
69 KB, 745x557
Broke up. First it was only anger, thought It's over once it ended. Now I'm missing her damn fucking much. I can't find interest in anything, nothing brings joy, I return to her in my head constantly. 3 weeks after now.

When does it go away? How to speed it up? Will it ever get better?
>>
Anyone who's been through that?
>>
Literally everyone who's ever broken up with anyone has been through this. It sucks, but it'll go away after a while, just go out and engage with other people, live life and try to not dwell.

Takes everyone a different amount of time to get past it. First time it took me 2 years. Last time took about 2 months.
>>
>>17267024
well what helped me was hanging out with my friends and having a good time with them. eventually, i started seeing other people too and i realized there were "plenty of fish in the sea", just like what everyone says.

working out and focusing on my hobbies also helped. i also liked that i had more money to spare.

it does get better though op. i ended up meeting people who were much better than the ex that hurt me. i wouldn't be with my current if i had stuck to my ex.
>>
>>17267057
This so much fucking this

Here's what helped me when my gf of 6 years and I broke up

1. Don't give yourself too much time alone

2. Focus on bettering yourself ( be it at your job, physically, religiously?,w.e...... git good nigga)

3. Start new hobbies. Usually when you get into a hobby you meet new people

4. Do what you love to do (fishing, hunting, bmx, etc etc)

5. Hang out with friends as often as possible

6. Avoid self medicating

7. Work out, it feels amazing to see gains and it is great for relieving stress. For me this is what pulled me through it and raised my self esteem. I was starting to get stares and smiles from girls at the gym and that feels really fucking good my dude
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.