[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /adv/. Yesterday I got my first gf ever (only a week before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: 1409544578642.jpg (172 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1409544578642.jpg
172 KB, 1200x900
Help /adv/.
Yesterday I got my first gf ever (only a week before my 20th birthday).
My dad knows that I've been going out with this girl but not that we're a couple. The thing is that we're a very rich family and her family is below middle class. After I told my dad where she lived he got instantly unsettled and told me to go out with people who are more on our social level.
If we're going to stay a couple, she eventually needs to meet my parents, right? How do I tell them I AM actually a couple with her? How do I tell her my parents might despise her because of her economic state? I can't hide her forever from my family and friends.
I totally understand my dad's preoccupation, but she's my first gf ever, so I can't think objectively.
I haven't told anyone about my relationship, so that's why I'm asking you /adv/. I'm so glad I finally have someone who likes me this way, I don't want it to let go just yet. Please help.
>>
If it helps at all, she liked me for almost a year but I only reacted recently. She also never knew my economic state until a week ago.
>>
>>17266907
If you actually liked and cared for this girl, this would not be a problem for you.

There is no need to worry, or hide it, who gives a SHIT what your parents or friends think. Tell her about this, tell her about how your parents feel but don't make it seem like she has to make any sort of choice because of it. If you like her enough, let her know how you feel about it and what you're going to do about it.

This isn't West Side Story. Unless you're parents are starting to directly impact how your life functions because of it, screw them.
>>
>>17266907

She has been your girlfriend for one day. Just take some time and ENJOY IT before you start spoiling it with stuff like this. Your parents should not be part of your relationship at this point. Don't stress about it. Just focus on her, get to know each other, see how it's like with just the two of you. You know, give it some time to make sure it's real and worth fighting for, BEFORE you start a fight over it
>>
>>17266919

You realize some people actually care about their families, and that's a good thing, right? Doesn't mean he should let his dad tell him who to date or push him around. But yeah, most people do CARE what their parents think. And this is way down the line, but if you're planning on starting a family with someone, you kind of hope that they'll be, you know, part of your family. Without TOO much drama.
>>
File: taxidermia-fail17.png (276 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
taxidermia-fail17.png
276 KB, 480x360
>>17266919
>>17266922
These are actually really good points. I do care about her and my parents' reactions shouldn't matter.
The big issue here is that in just a week, it'll be the birthday of my twin and I, and we'll throw a huge party, and I want her to come and smooch and shit. Every family member and important society members will be there to see and judge.
>>
>>17266929
Sure, I can definitely get behind that. I honestly never had much semblance of a family growing up so I may be projecting a bit but I still feel like it shouldn't even be a question of weighting your own feelings over your parental acceptance.

Also >>17266922 makes a very good point OP.
>>
>>17266933
You're making it seem like she's clearly below middle class from just a glance. I'm curious if her attendance will even matter unless your parents spread around her social status or something like that.
>>
>>17266940
I didn't notice she was below middle class until I told her I would drop her at her home; she lives in a rural as fuck area known for having too many homicides. How could I know? She's white.
My friends obviously won't care, they'll just feel happy that the betalord didn't turn out to be a faggot. My parents wouldn't spread shit around but they'd still be there.
>>
File: 1408742157775.jpg (44 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
1408742157775.jpg
44 KB, 301x267
>>17266946
Then it should be okay I guess. Like the other anon said, enjoy your relationship, feel it out. Go have fun and smooch her do whatever. It's your birthday man.
>>
File: 1465197877590.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1465197877590.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>17266953
Thanks anon, I think this is what I'll do.
I'm still concerned about what my parents think though. They are already really, REALLY disappointed in me and my life decisions, let alone this one.
>>
File: 1458207475582.gif (496 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1458207475582.gif
496 KB, 500x269
>>17266958
>They are already really, REALLY disappointed in me and my life decisions
I'm in the same boat, though you probably have greater expectations than I do.

I hope you can talk to your parents about it to the point where they'll at least acknowledge it, good luck anon. Also happy early birthday.
>>
File: 1465852785295.png (6 KB, 365x276) Image search: [Google]
1465852785295.png
6 KB, 365x276
>>17266966
Thanks anon, I'll accept these dubs as you're gift.
>>
>>17266958

Man, it kind of sounds like YOU'RE the one who has a problem with her background, deep down. You see her as a "disappointing life decision?" Not a fantastic start. I really hope you haven't SAID any of this shit to her
>>
>>17266970
Nah bro, don't demonize me. I knew her background before asking her to be my gf.
When I told my dad I went out with someone, the first thing he asked wasn't her name, how she looked, a photo, etc.; he asked me where she lived and what was her economic status. Then he started to preach me on how I shouldn't go out with people below our social class.
I'm just wondering how I should react with the fact that my parents won't accept her for things like these. My whole family is the kind of families that wouldn't forgive me if I had a gf somewhere and they didn't knew.
>>
>>17266982
Sucks to be you, OP. As I'm not a rich person, I can't understand your father's mindset but I won't judge him..
As other anons already gave you their advices, I have nothing more to complete. You read their unanimous advice: go ahead with that girl, could be your beautiful love story or your future wife.
Were your parents rich when you were born? Was your mother also rich when she married?
>>
File: 1463196347912.jpg (10 KB, 325x207) Image search: [Google]
1463196347912.jpg
10 KB, 325x207
>>17266982
The best way to handle it is don't tell your parents shit right now. They don't need to know who you're out with or what you do with your and others genitals, it's none of their fucking business.

Sure, eventually you'll have to introduce her, but eventually isn't today or tomorrow. Worry about eventually when it hits. By worrying about this now, you'll only poison the relationship you're in and set yourself up for heartbreak and regret later.
>>
>>17267034
Neither of my parents were rich when young.

>>17267084
read >>17266933
>>
>>17267343
Then what is your dad's problem? It's not like a family fame/tradition/honor to bang only rich girls..
>>
>>17266907

Mad at a middle class family? What in the fuck does your dad expect? you to meet a rich beautiful girl you get along with that wants to be with you? Do what you want and fuck your stupid fucking family, it makes me angry just reading your post, your dad is a shitty fucking person and you should stand up to him and date who you want to date FUCK.
>>
>>17266907
Your father is a snob and needs a lesson in reality. Keep on with the girl, and if he ever asks why he hasn't met her, tell him you're ashamed to show him to her, not the opposite.
>>
>>17268223

The Dad is probably worried that OPs girl is just some golddigging bitch taking advantage of OP (not saying she is), and dating a rich chick will greatly decrease the chances of golddigging.
>>
>>17266907
If you go along with your father's wishes you're going to end up alone. Or with a rich girl who's only with you to keep up appearances.
>>
Op, I need a 100$ for a rent, can you help me a bit here?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.