[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi everyone. I wanted to see how this would be interpreted by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hi everyone. I wanted to see how this would be interpreted by other people... I plan on quitting my job after I come back from my requested days off.

I started working at the current company I work at in September 2015. I was 24 when I started, still in school (majoring in graphic designing), and was paid a whopping $9.50. During my internal review half a year later, my boss and manager gleemed about how awesome I am, how I take initiative (despite knowing nothing about the architectural signage industry), etc... And I got a... dun dun dun. 50 cent raise, lol.

I'm still in school and will be wrapping it up in less than a year. The experience is great, but I have bills, dude. I requested 4 days off to go see my family, and received an e-mail on the first day of my day off. My manager said to "remember" that I was hired part-time, and that I wasn't "supposed to" work more than 30 hours a week... And how it was her mistake for me working more than 30 hours due to the heavy work load that my work is receiving. Uh, okay? It's evident that there is no room for growth and that they do not want to give me benefits, as they have recently switched insurance companies.

I scrape by to pay my bills while going to school with this shit paying job, and I am being taken advantage of. I have never complained at work, either. I find it ironic that the boss also talks about how the company is working to achieve a $4 mil target by the end of this year and how they want to hire another project manager or someone in the art department, and yet they cannot pay me decently. Would it be acceptable for me to put in my two weeks as soon as I return? I don't want to be taken advantage of anymore, and the e-mail clearly says that I am not even worth the fucking $10/hr that I am slaving for

I have stayed this long because I was in hopes of being paid somewhat more. I was trained throughout it all, and they now give me as much work as the other people in the art department.
>>
>>17265530
Leaving a job is a big step, so be sure to have some means of taking care of yourself financially and a plan to find another job soon or have one already lined up before you go! It may be a bad job, but sometimes a little strategy before you exit will save you a long time of suffering! GL!
>>
You should ask for what you want first
>>
They want to keep your hours low because if you work full-time hours they'll be required to offer you full time benefits.

I think the fact that they aren't willing to do that tells you everything you need to know.

At this point, you aren't working for a better job- you're working for a good reference. Take the high road, get a good reference, and go get a better job.
>>
>>17266123
>>17265699
Thanks guys, this is what I needed to hear.

>>17265732
As another commenter mentioned, they're not willing to give me benefits or a full-time position. Straight off the bat, the e-mail told me that I'm not even worth the $10/hr, lol. I'm not going to wipe anyone's ass anymore.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.