[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC constriction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (646 KB, 1800x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
646 KB, 1800x1400
Okay /adv/ I've been saving up for a while and have around 2k bucks to spend on building my own PC. I've never actually built one before but I know a god bit about computers (mostly software tho). Anyhow what are your tips for parts to get, brands, or any /adv/ you think I need.
>>
>>17264893
Don't they have a PC building thing on Reddit? If you want advice on a specific subject it really is the best place to go desu.
>>
>>17264893
Just put one together one newegg and call it a day. If you have a good pc store that's competitive you could do that too. If you're going to be building something nice, I'd go for the leading brands like Intel for your CPU and Nvidia for your GPU. Get a well reviewed mobo, PSU, etc. $2k is a fairly large budget for a new build if you're scratch building it yourself. You can always spend more, but that will get you a pretty good rig. I recommend a full size case so you don't have to tetris your components and cables, I did and never looked back.
>>
There are tons of sites that could help you. /g/ could help but keep in mind this is 4chan. PCpartpicker is good. There is a also a reddit that helps. They will either advise you on your build or build one for you. My personal recommendation would be to use a the newest generation Intel i7 or i5 with either a 1080 or 1070 from whatever manufacterer you like. Then just built everything else around that. Get a good color scheme going and a sweet tower. Also make sure to get a SSD for the OS. I recommend MSI parts. Just make sure all the parts work together before you buy them.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.