[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How into articulating feelings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1462228032929.jpg (23 KB, 598x452) Image search: [Google]
1462228032929.jpg
23 KB, 598x452
So I really suck at conveying my emotions towards anyone in my life right now. There's something I'm afraid of and still don't know what that is. Sometimes I feel like my thoughts will lead to an argument. I'm scared to feel? Has anyone had this problem before? I can tell someone how I feel more efficiently when done on paper..but verbally I don't know how to even begin..how can I get better at this? It's taking a role on my relationship with my boyfriend and he means too much to me for me to let this go like water on the bridge.
>>
>>17264835

consider writing how you feel. then redraft that, then more or less read that to him. over time you get better and need the paper less. thats how i did things for awhile.
>>
>>17264842
I feel so stupid that if every time I need to tell him how I feel I have to bring a piece of paper..it's a thought though.
>>
>>17264862

you cannot be perfect. ou can work towards being better and writing out your feelings will help. considering you can memorize it for the most part, writing it out just helps you organize the thoughts.

its kin of like scheduling. i know theres a shitton i need to do but i cant ifgure it out til i write it down. some people are the same way with math. they need to just write it down to understand it, even if it doesnt offer anything other than a visual of what they already see in their head.
>>
>>17264835
Are you a perfectionist by any chance?

It sounds to me like you are scared of doing something wrong, of saying the wrong thing or making some mistake, like you are at that point in life in which you still don't know that mistakes are ok.
>>
>>17264891
I used to be..I guess I still am trying to be perfect. That sorta sounds like me. I'm afraid to step on toes and break eggs.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.