[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To make a long story short: I was tricked by a company I won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1465056195889.jpg (720 KB, 1274x1418) Image search: [Google]
1465056195889.jpg
720 KB, 1274x1418
To make a long story short:
I was tricked by a company I won't name. Even the store manager admitted that the employee I talked to fucked up, but they still refuse to go back on this or in any way refund any of my money, saying it goes against their policies. So I'm stuck paying about $200 dollars more than I was led to believe.

I need a good way to get revenge for this, preferrably in a way that will result in my own gain, though that isn't completely necessary. I was thinking of shoplifting from the store, but quickly dismissed that because it's a really seemingly lowlife thing to do.

Any ideas? I know I didn't give a particularly thorough explanation, but just any related stories y'all have might help.
>>
Threaten to take them to small claims court for that money back.
>>
Make use of managers services in the future. Don't do stupid things like shoplifting.
>>
Why would you not name the company, you pansy? Even that act in and of itself is a small revenge.
>>
>>17264650

this. or ismply dont pay. it sounds like you havent been charged the full amount so dont pay the rest, when they ask why, tell them, and tell them an employee already admitted it was their wrong.

if they plan to charge a card on file, simply cut that card up and call your company to cancel it and send you a new one.

if they already charged you insist on a refund, and if they refuse, just tell your bank or credit card company that you were swindled and want the charge removed.
>>
>>17264659
I'm not.

>>17264660
Doesn't matter, it's a very well-known company that already has a bad reputation but gets a lot of business anyway.

Thanks for the advice so far people.
>>
>>17264633

Have you already given them the money? If you really feel it's a "trick" and they're being dishonest, don't pay them. I doubt they're gonna take you to court over $200, especially not if they know it's shady
>>
I understand that you don't want to name people or companies can you give more information on what the employee fucked up? What did admit exactly? Did they lie? Did they quote the wrong price? Did they present the wrong product? Did they fail to show you a less expansive product? Was it a mistake of incompetence or was it done on purpose?
>>
>>17264706
you could at least warn us about that company. Is it a business that sells sex toys or something?
>>
>>17264718
It's a phone store. I was told that if I stuck with my contract I could upgrade to a newer phone at no cost. This is how it had worked in the past so I had no reason to doubt this. Turns out, no, I'm paying for the phone just the same.

They give you 2 weeks to get out of this, but of course I didn't realize they were charging me for the phone until a month later when I got my bill.

I doubt it was done on purpose, but I don't really care.
>>
>>17264650
>>17264664
>>17264714
Good advice, but problem is, I've been paying on it for about a year already. The fact is I can afford it just fine, so at first I just didn't care enough to do anything, and went with it. But the more I've thought about it lately, it's made me mad on principle, and I feel like I should do something.

I guess it's my fault for waiting that long, but I doubt I could really get any legal recourse after paying on it for that long, and I think it's questionable to just stop paying when I've been using the phone for a year.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.