[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can long distance work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Gross.png (293 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Gross.png
293 KB, 720x404
>gf's going away in a couple weeks
>been with her for 10 months
>she'll be gone for either 5 months or 4 years, depending
>if the latter we will be able to see each other a couple times a year
>Recently been finding it hard to stay faithful and she hasn't left yet
>not sure I want to be monogamous for the next 5 years even if she wasn't going
>I'm going to korea soon and it would be dope to be single when I'm there

Should I just end it before she goes?
>>
>>17263850
Yes LD can work, but both people have to be pretty committed to making it work. If you're not ready to make that commitment or to settle down then obviously there's a much lower chance of it working out. Obviously if you're having a hard time remaining faithful and she hasn't even left yet it sounds like this relationship would be destined for failure even if she weren't leaving.
>>
You pretty much answered your own question. Yeah, you should break up, it won't work for you because you don't want it.
>>
Long distance is for idealists, romanticists and soldiers. It doesn't work.
>>
>>17263857
This. LD can work, but it's extremely difficult, it's emotionally brutal, and ut requires absolute commitment. I'm not saying you need to go ring-shopping just yet, but if you don't seriously intend to marry this person one of these days, don't even try LD with them. Too much heartache for something that, without that kind of commitment, cannot work out.
>>
No, long-distance doesn't work. It's impossible to have a functioning long-term relationship to someone who isn't there.
>>
Long distance doesn't work unless you have the highest commitment towards it. That means flying over at least twice a month, constant talking, etc. parters in LD relationships can and will forget about eachother
>>
Long distance rarely works, and when it does, it's emotionally draining and taxing for all parties involved. 5 months is doable; 4 years would be torture
>>
>>17263850
5 months is fine. 4 years you should just go your separate ways. If you both really want to be with eachother after that it will work itself out.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.