[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in love with my best friend. No contact is almost impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2141391509_f17e507742_o.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
2141391509_f17e507742_o.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
I'm in love with my best friend. No contact is almost impossible because she always wants to talk to me and tell me how important I am to her. I told her how I felt about three months ago and when I told her about NC she got mad and upset. I really don't know what to do. I feel like I'll never find anyone like her. Should I just NC without warning her? Stick around and just stay in love with her? Please, help. I'm such a pussy and I know it. Just, if anyone has suggestions or similar stories/experiences they can share that'd be great. Thank you.
>>
File: LLL.jpg (477 KB, 1211x1267) Image search: [Google]
LLL.jpg
477 KB, 1211x1267
Date another woman, see if that dislodges this girl's jam.
>>
>>17263039
Hard to find a girlfriend but not a bad idea. Thanks.
>>
Best way to "get over" a girl is to find a new girl who will you give a hard-on
>>
If you are so important to her, perhaps she feels the same
I fell for my best friend
Who did no contact.....
Gutted
hurts so much
>>
>>17263023
Dude if you told her how you feel and she isn't feeling it, it'll never happen.

It's awful but you're gonna have to break contact. That's not a friendship.

I'm sorry. Best bet is to cut all ties and kinda forget about her.
>>
I'm experiencing something similar. I'm 30 and I just recently realized I'm in love with my best friend who I've known since high school.

I think that we could have had a happy life together but she's got a six year old kid and I'm not fit for that responsibility so it's a no-go even if she reciprocated.
>>
Well, the last and the first time I was in such situation, I did nearly no contact without warning and it started working after a month or two, but then we started talking a lot again and it woke up my feelings again - not in such obsessive way as before, though, but the butthurt was there. Nowadays she's the one who doesn't contact me. I got over her, mainly because I became good friends with some other people who actually match me better.
I fell in love with one of them.

She rejected me yesterday.

So I'm in this situation, again, the same as you. As how to deal with it - this time I tried to not repeat mistakes, and not be salty (although I communicated I'm hurt, of course), and told her I want to be friends still all the same, that she can always count on me etc. She was really grateful. I'm just hoping after some time I'll be truly okay with just being friends, I mean, our relationship is well balanced otherwise (we act like a platonic couple, I'd say lol), she's a real good niggah, never fails to make me laugh, helps me out as much as I help her etc.

If you have this kind of friendship with your crush, think if it's really worth dropping her altogether because of your unrequited love. If your relationship is imbalanced, just limit the contact gradually - respond to her late, say no when she asks to hang out the most of times etc.

If it's balanced I recommend to stick around, maybe just don't hang out as much as before? Instead, meet more people, more girls, invest in yourself somehow (working out, picking up a new hobby etc.), do nice things to yourself. You'll feel a little better and after a while, and one day you'll find someone like her again - and this time hopefully you'll be liked back.

For sure drop any hopes you could have for going out with her. You told her, she rejected you, gotta let it go.
>>
>>17263836
Not OP but I'm in the same situation. Told my friend I fell for her yesterday, she said she sees me just as a friend at the moment, I'll see how I can continue the friendship.
>>
>>17263871
>at the moment
Just don't give yourself hopes for romantic relationship, bro. I had that with the first one, she gave me hopes like that, which lead me to feel frustrated. The second/current one rejected me pretty clear, saying there's no "chemistry" at her end, so at least I let go of any hopes I could have, if there's no chemistry while you're friends there'll be none in the future too
>>
>>17263891
Yeah I know, I'll try not to get my hopes up again. I think we're gonna talk about it next time we meet anyway since we're both quite direct usually.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.