[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think it's okay to ghost their bf/gf/friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Why do people think it's okay to ghost their bf/gf/friend?

Like, why are people such pussies that they can't just say to the person "I don't want to be with you/be friends with you any more.

I've seen this happen a few times in my recent months on this board and it just happened to me.

>Why would someone see it as okay to do this, and how does the person on the receiving end appropriately react to this bullshit?
>>
>>17262192
>Why do people think it's okay to ghost their bf/gf/friend?

because they're immature, and they don't want to deal with it, so they don't.

>how does the person on the receiving end appropriately react to this bullshit?

react? just let it go.
>>
>>17262192
There usually isn't an acceptable reason for it. The only hypothetical situation I could think of that could justify it would be me finding out my boyfriend cheated, so I cut contact, but even then it's a bit shitty to just drop the person like that

The person who reacts should be more mature and just move on from the cunt. If the person doing the ghosting is that immature and cowardly, they're not good enough for the receiver anyway.
>>
>>17262220
>Just let it go.
Not OP, but wouldn't that make them feel more compelled to do it again because it verifies that it works? Idk what you could do to react that wouldn't make you just as childish as the ghoster tho
>>
>>17262235
Who cares what they think after? You're not gonna see them again.
>>
There immature, or you've given them a reason to think that your reaction to a formal goodbye could potentially be violent. I'd say forget about them since they've treated you in a way that bothers you and make new friends.
>>
>>17262275
> or you've given them a reason to think that your reaction to a formal goodbye could potentially be violent.

This, especially if you've had an argument or something recently. Otherwise, they're an asshole who's immature.
>>
>>17262192
If a girl cheated on me. I would ghost the shit out of her.
Why would you waste time on her/him.
>>
>>17262192
>Why do people think it's okay to ghost their bf/gf/friend?
People ghost for many reasons. Most, thpugh, fall into three camps.

The first group genuinely thinks this is actually the gentlest way to break up with someone. These people mean well, but are fucking delusional.

The second group is made up of people who simply can't (or don't want to) deal with the intensity of emotion that accompanies most breakup conversations. This group could almost be pitied if they didn't resort to something so incredibly cruel just to avoid experiencing the unpleasantness themselves.

The last group is genuinely afraid that they might come to harm if they attempted a breakup conversation. This tends to be highly situational: few people are paranoid enough to think this of EVERYONE they might get into a relationship with, and most of those avoid getting into relationships anyway. More commonly you see this among victims of abuse, though even most of them don't ghost: safe distances, letters, and letting a restraining order do the talking for you tend to be preferred methods. The most common cases in this group, I suspect, are people who are not being abused, but think their partner might turn abusive. Many of these are mistaken: maybe even most. But it is harder to blame them.
>>
>>17262301
Would that be the only reason you'd do it?
>>
>>17262302
>The first group genuinely thinks this is actually the gentlest way to break up with someone. These people mean well, but are fucking delusional.

Fuck yeah they're delusional. It can be torture depending on how they do it.
>>
>>17262192
probably because theyre going to spam them saying theyll change when they wont?
>>
>>17262419
Care to explain a little more?
>>
>>17262192
It's all about context, although it is a really cruel thing to do to someone if all it is is that you want to end it or something like that. It hasn't happened to me, but I can definitely say I can understand why it's so hard to deal with.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.