[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get over the fact girlfriend and I aren't successful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Subject. I'm 23 and by now I expected to be out of college and of not having a job looking for a nice job with my degree. My girlfriend I never really cared what she did obviously as long as she was happy with her life. But I'm still in school part time, work a part time job, and I haven't done or learned or really made any progress towards my dreams (want to make video games/ do art stuff), and I'm feeling pretty shitty. It's getting to the point where it's affecting ting my happiness and thus affecting my relationship. I'm out of time to type (have to go to that part time job), don't know what I expect as advice really, just am hoping g for maybe someone with some insight who knows what I'm feeling to give me some advice / guidance. I hate this feeling, and its making my life worse. Please help anyone
>>
>>17261685
Hope is the thing that's keeping me going, just try keep working hard. At least you have dreams.

I want to be a rich engineer/entrepreneur, but I'm slow af, my discipline is lacking and my physical condition isn't perfect for this type of work either. Still I'm always working on an idea, idc anymore if it fails, idc that it's taking me forever, it's whats keeping me going. When I find out it doesn't work, I'm always searching for a product I can improve or a small business idea. Even tho I know I'm probably not gonna succeed it fills up that void, the same void you're feeling.

Just do it
>>
>>17261741

Thanks, you're right. I guess the problem is I also have depression and adhd. It's being treated now finally this year, but it's slow going, no where near fast enough. So I don't know, I guess I just still feel hopeless and like a failure and not sure if I can even start working on things again, I've tried and my life has gone to shit countless times. It's taken a lot out of me and left me behind and alone. I just don't know how to be okay again.
>>
FURIOSO MELODIA
>>
>>17261685
you have made your girlfriend your life, she is going to hate you for that, go achieve your dreams
>>
Dump her

Make art
Make videogames

in the meantime
BANG CHICKS AT SCHOOL
>>
>>17262479

How so?

>>17262527

How would dumping my girlfriend help things? I love her and she's the most important thing in the world to me, so unless somehow it were ruining my life I wouldn't want to do that, so banging random chicks is out of the question.
>>
>>17262689
girlfriends are the dreams goblin
>>
>>17262729

Explain
>>
>>17262966
He's trying to say that gfs consume time, money and energy.
This is most of the time true, but you can use her for good too, tell her your dreams and planning and ask her keep reminding you to work. Even just telling your dreams and plans to someone you respect puts pressure on you to actually do it.

Ofcourse don't break up, your end goal was to improve your happiness, and the result of breaking up will most likely be negative.
>>
deal with it.

life sucks be grateful for what you have and enjoy the ride cause it will be over sooner than you know
>>
Post art?
>>
>>17263567
Also this :3
>>
>>17263406
That's the most horseshit, cancerous mentality out there.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.