[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something got in my eye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 272x185
Yesterday while running on the track I got a gnat caught in my eye and it took me about an hour to get it out, To get it out I had to fill the bathtub with water and open my eye. I got a fat gnat out and I instantly felt relief but now being the next day it feels like there is still something in there. I hurts to try and look right at all which is the side the gnat was stuck.

Also I had previous had an eye injury where an airsoft BB glance that same eye.

Question is what do
>>
>>17260521
Wash it with saline solution, and put an eyepatch over it for a few days, or if you are really concerned see a doctor.
>>
Thanks Anon, just now due to my gut feeling I felt like there was something still in my eye so I flipped my eyelid and so there was another gnat. I got it out with help an all seems to be good
>>
>>17260521
You should get yourself off to the hospital mate. It's entirley possible that you've scratched your cornea - I did the same thing a couple of months back with a fleck of sawdust at work. Over the course of two days I went from "this is a bit sore" to "jesus christ why are there razor blades in my eyeball" to not being able to see anything at all out of my injured eye. Turns out the scratch had got infected, and if I'd spent the five minuites to get it treated with some antibiotic cream as soon as it happened I wouldn't have had any of those problems. In the end it took about a week before I got any sight back at all, and another month after that for it to return to normal.
>>
>>17260521
Wear some shades next time, that sounds nasty.
>>
>>17260570
You don't need the hospital, an optometrist is fine. Go with what's cheaper.

Due to rough treatment of my eyes with my contact lenses, I scratched my eye too. It got infected and worse over time and any source of light would cause extreme pain and make me tear up like crazy. Finally had to go to the eye doctor who gave me some antibiotic drops and fixed it. They said it's important not to let an infection spread before you lose your vision.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.