[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misanthropy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1465544517786.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
1465544517786.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1412
I don't want to be a misanthropist, I know it is not safe to my mental health to hate everyone but damn, I can't help it.
I have normal social relationships and I have a girlfriend but I feel deeply disgusted from the human nature.
I can't trust anyone, I know that everyone one around me can make me suffer and probably will. I have no interest in making new friends or meet new people in general.
I hate the fact that everyone around me pretends to be something else, like everyone is moved by appearences.
Even the little things, such as Facebook posts, make me nervous and I start to feel like the best way to save me is ascestism.
I'll give you an example of how crazy I am.
A girl I know posts a photo of an open book writing "Reading..." in the description. Why the hell stop to take a pic instead of actual reading? That makes me nervous because "omg I'm so smart I read a lot of books" is the latest fashion for people of my age even if they don't give a shit or if they never opened a book!
Males and females talking about true love and how intelligence is attractive (pretending to be "sapiosexual") even if they're the most materialistic people I know and care only about look or genitalia.
All I see around me is falsehood and inconsistency. All I see is people that cares only about physical stuff such as sex and money.
I don't feel good. I don't know what to do. Maybe I'm crazy and I know that is a problem of mine.
>>
>>17260402
/thread
>>
File: sheeple.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46 KB, 376x401
>>17260383

>everyone sucks but me

maybe your first step to getting over this is accepting that you aren't wrong, but you are also one of them. you arent doing anything they do 'ironically' and you do a lot more of what they do then you give yourself credit for.

sure maybe you dont go to starbucks, maybe you dont listen to the latest pop hits, maybe you are a little less mainstream.

just like everyone else :^)
>>
You are me anon
>>
>>17260383
Exactly that was the point I stopped using 'social' networks and started weeding out my 'friends'.
Keep in mind that you'll mostly find what you're looking for. Eventually you'll learn to ignore it to keep your mind at ease.
>>
>>17260990

This. There are other people who also find the type of behavior you described to be vapid and superficial. In other words, there are people out there who don't suck.

Misanthropes (it's not misanthropists btw) are generally short-sighted and ignorant for this very reason. They think that nobody on Earth is or is capable of being a good human being, as if they've met everyone who has ever existed, and as if their personal judgement of character is the highest and most valid. It's a highly narcissistic and obtuse way of thinking, imo.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.