[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my gf is dumb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 199oy6diqi6x0jpg.jpg (28 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
199oy6diqi6x0jpg.jpg
28 KB, 636x358
i've been with my current girlfriend for a year and a half. she's a really good person (the best I've met probably), very beautiful and hot, pretty good artist as well.

however, i only now realized she's very very dumb. For instance, she can't even do "1 million times two". She thought it was "100 million at first" and I said it wasn't and then she said she didn't know. There were other instances too of shit like this but I just ignored and assumed she was tired or something, but now I am 100% sure she is really dumb.

So, I broke up with her, I can't handle that much stupidity. Was I right or wrong to do this?
>>
there are not nearly enough intelligent women out there for every man, so you only have a chance if you get lucky or are above average.
>>
>>17260378
Fem here
I know a lot of girls in their teens feign stupidity because men find smart girls intimidating, could she have been faking?
>>
>>17260378
>she's a really good person (the best I've met probably)
>very beautiful and hot
>pretty good artist as well

> I can't handle that much stupidity. Was I right or wrong to do this?
Your call. But if i was in your situation i think it would have been the wrong one.
>>
>>17260387
Not true! Smarter people just tend to be uglier and more negative
>>
>>17260378
Pics?
>>
>>17260378
I was in your situation, but my gf wasn't that hot in the end. So it was easy decision by then. But she was great person too, it was a shame she got fat and couldn't hold intelligent conversation.

Right call in my opinion.
>>
right.
>>
Meh, i work with kids with learning problems and they can be the most loyal and lovely persons you can imagine. They just can't grasp the concept of mathematics or whatever is their weakness. Imo you shouldn't have broken up over that. But i guess there where other reasons or you wouldn't have done that...
>>
>>17260378
Sounds like a dumb reason to break up to be honest.
>>
>>17260378
Don't confuse stupidity with lack of education. There are lots of things she simply does not know, either because she was never taught them or because she has never had occasion to think about them before. That doesn't mean she is stupid, any more than your inability (I assume) to write poetry in Latin makes you stupid.
>>
>>17260378
She sounds like she'd make a great mom.

Ah to be onebof the simple folk, neither looking forwards or backwards but on the ground beneath each step.
>>
>>17260378

>i cant date someone dumber than me

is a pretty popular phrase. last time i heard a guy say it it was a man so fucking fat that he couldnt wipe his own ass (which we knew because we could smell it after he used the bathroom and the shameful look on his face).

the truth is if you enjoy someones company and their stupidity doesnt hinder you in some way, then it doesnt actually matter.

you are not so smart that you need a partner to talk to about math.

the second to last guy who said
>i could never date a dumb person

is literally a waiter at buffalo wild wings. but hes a super smart atheist :^)

people like him assume they are smart cuz they have geeky interests. protip, you dont nee to be smart to worship deathnote.
>>
File: image.png (23 KB, 406x388) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23 KB, 406x388
>>17260980
If you're smart, you don't worship Death Note.
>>
>>17260986

more or less my point.
>>
>>17260378
My boyfriend can't math. But he has a diagnosed learning disability since he was in grade school.

However, he's sweet, charismatic, can read well and write well, has common sense, has I guess you can call it, "street knowledge" and social knowledge.

But honestly, if he was lacking in most areas of knowledge, that would be frustrating.

I'm not going to break up with him just because he lacks in one area that he will rarely use in his life (considering his career).

We can't necessarily shame you for your decision. As someone else said, there had to be more if you broke up over this. If she was straight jessica simpson and asked if chicken of the sea was chicken constantly, I'd personally be really annoyed too. And I'd probably only put up with that for so long.
>>
Yes, you were wrong to do that.

Go get her back, if she'll have you, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>17260378

you aren't that smart. by saying anyone dumber than you is beneath you, you are saying that you are the dumbest of the smart people.

so should all people more intelligent than you just not talk to you?
>>
>>17260421
This.

I don't date chicks who can equal or exceed me in conversation. If I did, I wouldn't know what I'd be bringing to the relationship, and the insecurity would tear me apart.

At least if she's a bit ditzy I can pat myself on the back and say: "She's dating you for your brain, man. Don't worry that her best friend is a dude and a personal trainer. Girls find intelligence sexy. That's why she's with you."
>>
>>17260986
hey man death note is a good show
>>
>>17261033

it is the most pretentious thing i have ever seen. i now understand what connects all the fans.

all those high school fedoras make sense now.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.