[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when a girl "friendzones" you? Do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-071.jpg (21 KB, 431x467) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-071.jpg
21 KB, 431x467
What do you do when a girl "friendzones" you? Do I just say "whatever" and stop talking to her? Do I keep trying? Do I accept being friends?

Obviously I'd rather bang her more than the other options but is that usually even feasible? I don't really ever get friendzoned so I'm kinda at a loss. I also wouldn't usually care because I usually just bang girls and leave but I actually kinda want to be with this one
>>
>>17259664
You can either accept it and have a really akward and shaky friendship that will drift apart eventually or you can accept that you made a bad judgement call and bow out with your dignity.
>>
>>17259664

context is key. no two situations are exactly the same.

if you think there is potnetial, pursue it, but have an exit strategy. if you know its a lost cause but think it could work as friends, try it. again exit strategy if it goes south.

if you like her but just dont see anything positive coming out of interacting, then leave.

the question is what do you think is POSSIBLE and put that up next to what you are willing to do.
>>
Accept being friends, but don't act like that. It will make her frustrated.
>>
>>17259694
Yeah it's hard to tell. Basically we've been hanging out and talking for a week and she seemed pretty interested in me. Tonight I asked her if she wanted to go get dinner tomorrow and she sent me a multi paged text saying she's not looking for anything romantic/sexual and that she's just being "up front" with me (which is fucking frustrating because a week into it isn't "up front"). But she did say that she likes me and still wants to get to know me
>>
>>17259705
Not OP, but this is surprisingly immature.

Rather than pushing her away, just make her a completely non-sexual entity in your head. Stop doing favors for her, Stop going out of your way to see her.

Just be friendly, set boundaries, and don't cross them.

If anything, it's possible that she'll come back around once you start talking to other girls and she sees it.
>>
>>17259835
This guy knows. Treat her very casually. Like you would a girl you're not attracted to. She's made up her mind. Fuck it man we're just self aware primates on a wet rock orbiting a star. Don't sweat it
>>
File: IMG_4844.gif (942 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4844.gif
942 KB, 300x300
>>17259664
Say you can still be friends but slowly stop talking to her. If you aren't separated and you find a girl that somehow agrees to go out with you it's gonna be weird with girl #2 awkwardly texting you on the side.

If she isn't interested now she wont be later. That only happens in movies.
>>
Stop talking to her
>>
>>17259664
depends, do you like her as a friend at all? if yes, then sure, be friends with her. if no, then you have two options: end the relationship, or just back way the fuck off. the friendzone is kind of hard to get out of. at this point, continuing to try to get into her pants is just gonna dig you a deeper hole. you have to friendzone her back, pretend you dont see her in that light at all. pretend she doesnt even register on your sexual radar, shes just another bro to you.

this isnt guaranteed to work, as she might just embrace it and see you even more as a friend. but its your only shot.
>>
>>17259664
>Do I just say "whatever" and stop talking to her
Bingo

If you're in the friendzone, it's time to leave. She's hanging out with you because it feels good to be wanted. She probably knows you want her, but you didn't go for her, so the chance has passed. Now that she knows you're hanging out because of your interest, and that's your main interest, the friendship will inevitably wither. It also isn't healthy - the longer you wait in the friendship, the less you'll respect yourself.

The best thing to do is leave. This friendship isn't worth maintaining, and you're only hurting yourself. There will be no substance to this friendship past this point.
You do have one option, though it's hard. Sometime when you're having fun with her, tell her you want to take her on a date. Don't make some dramatic profession of love, but make it clear you're romantically interested in her by asking her out on a date. Now that you've been friendzoned it will be awkward and you will have to "bite the bullet". She will probably say no, making things more awkward, but it doesn't fucking matter because you'd be leaving anyway. There's a small chance she'll say "yes", though, and then you'll know the thing's actually a go. But the thing is, waiting and hoping to win her over is a lost cause. If she hasn't been attracted to you in all this time, that isn't going to change now.
>>
>>17259802

>>17260069 here
it's time to leave. I take the date comment back. The line about not wanting a romantic relationship is just her being nice. If she thought you were the right guy, she wouldn't have said anything like that.
You need to leave. You don't have to make things tense, but just stop hanging out with her. If she invites you to stuff and really wants you there, go ahead and go. But YOU shouldn't be initiating anything at this point. The ball is in her court. If she really wants you around, she'll make the effort to initiate things. But don't kid yourself and keep coming up with reasons to hang out. Just let the relationship fade.

Also, since you're no doubt "in love", look up the term "limerence". Limerence is the psychological phenomenon where you romanticize a person, they make you feel amazing, and all that. It typically lasts around 6 months, but rarely survives past 2.5 years. It's really just an addiction to a person.
>>
>>17260080
yeah, i take my comment back too. it is unhealthy and a scummy thing to do to hold a friendship with ulterior motives. just let it fizzle out.
>>
>>17260080
>It typically lasts around 6 month, but rarely survives past 2.5 years
I sure hope my current infatuation goes away after 6 months. Would mean I only have like 3 months to go.
The previous one lasted about 2 years. ;_;

As for OP, from experience I can tell it's sure easier to let it go if you stop talking altogether, at first you miss the person but it gets better quick. Sometimes you're really good friends though (as in going together everywhere etc.) so it's hard to just drop it. In that case maybe just distract yourself with other things and contact her less in result, if you don't see each other that often your feelings will get weaker with time
>>
Be indifferent.
>>
if you want to be her friend then just be buddies with her, its that simple dude

plus if shes hot she can probably hook you up with a hot friend
>>
Well boys I just deleted her number so I can't text her about how I like her or something stupid. If she tries getting into contact with me or asks why I haven't been talking to her I'll probably just tell her I like her but don't want to get emotionally invested in her for obvious reasons and that I need to distance myself
>>
You don't even have to say all that. Just blow her off like she would you
>>
>>17259670
This
>>
>>17260838
Good, say that and only that if she ask you about it?
>>
>>17259664

If you wanna stay friends, then you talk to her.

If being friends is too painful, then you cut contact
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.