[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bitching a little bit, sorry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1465666052727.jpg (29 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465666052727.jpg
29 KB, 500x418
okay, /adv/. i have asthma.
it's generally not that bad, but on saturday i started coughing really bad and feeling overall icky and gross. i thought it was just a cold since i had gone swimming in a really cold pool the day before, but on monday i realised i was just getting worse. my mom made me a doctor's appointment yesterday and i found out i have strep throat AND bronchitis. so ive been spending the past 5 days sitting on my ass in bed because i thought i had a cold and it's been bad enough, and now i have to spend the next 9 days sitting on my ass in bed so i can recover. i already have antibiotics, and i have to wear a mask whenever any of my family members come into my room. ive been bored as fuck when i'm not coughing so hard i gag and stomach acid with phlegm comes up, which tastes really gross. i cant even play vidya because i cant focus and i die constantly.
so, /adv/, what should i do for the next week to keep myself occupied? it has to be something i can do sitting down, unfortunately. pls help a bro out.
>>
>>17258921
Video games. Watch movies. If you play any instruments, you can practice in bed. Draw. Write a short story. Ultimately, you're only limited by yourself.
Hope you're feeling better soon. Take it easy bro.
>>
Fap
>>
>>17258921
turn based games or watch shit tons of science videos. Make sure they are shorts.
>>
>>17258928
Instruments? Certainly not instruments you breathe into. That'll hurt opie even more.
>>
>>17258928
>>17259916
would practice my instrument, but i play the drums and if i played them i would probably just die or something

thanks for the advice though bros :-)
>>
>>17258921
At least you are around people that give a shit. When I got bronchitis years back (also an asthmatic) the fuckers I was living with refused to help, despite me being almost incapable of walking thanks to the coughing. I never ended up getting antibiotics thanks to those people not having the decency to help me get to a doctor, so instead I had bronchitis for two whole months (kept relapsing every time I would recover even a little). When I was finally well enough to drag my ass out of the house to see a doctor, he explained what was up and said I was lucky I didn't get pneumonia.

On top of all this, I lost my job (I couldn't get into work, and they would have sent me home anyway, can't cough in food service). My doctor didn't do housecalls, so I was simply trapped, with no options.

So it could be a lot worse. I coped by playing video games, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, talking to my gf over the Internet, and sleeping, mostly.

Worst part is that the bronchitis did some permanent damage, so my asthma is a lot worse and every cold I get is much worse than it should be (the coughing is much more intense, close to bronchitis coughs.) So make sure you follow up with your doctor to make sure you don't relapse.
>>
>>17260272
that really fucking sucks anon. i'm sorry you had to go through that for so long.
my mom had had bronchitis before and since i have asthma she got paranoid and took me to the doctor. im just really happy and lucky it was caught so early on.
#1 most annoying thing is the coughing. i'm just trying to have a good time and my lungs are trying to eject from my face along with my strep throat.
rip me, but rip you harder dude
>>
>>17260294
Yeah the coughing is fucking horrible. For 2 weeks at one point I thought I had cracked a rib, because my muscles hurt that much from the constant coughing.

Shit sucks. And be glad your mum has a good head on her shoulders, she just saved you days of extra misery.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.