[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job Applications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: NEET.gif (2 MB, 464x261) Image search: [Google]
NEET.gif
2 MB, 464x261
So I got let go of my last job roughly a year ago, right after the three month starting period. Barista at starbucks, was late several times which basically flunked me out of the position. Right now I'm just looking for another retail job to fill up some time during the summer. Should I even bother mentioning my prior job since I was fired? Every application I've come across has:

>Have you ever been terminated from employment? If yes, please explain.
>>
Fuck no. Pretend like it never happened, especially if you were only there for your three month trial period. It's not as though you'll be using them as a reference.

Those questions are more geared towards situations like your being fired from a 6 year career as a client manager for some big firm because you were caught giving the client a handjob in a meeting.
>>
Don't write it down. It's not a court testimonial, it's an application. They can't force you to write down the negatives. Even in an interview you can just say nope, never been fired.
They won't find out either, these day they have a hard time catching people who fake degrees.
>>
>>17258608
>>17258610
Groovy. Thanks guys.
>>
I think you need to address your punctuality issues before getting another job. Otherwise, you're just going to end up fired from every place you apply to, and end up with a blank work history
>>
>>17258640
There was whole mess of familial and housing problems that I don't want to get into during that period of my life. Right now there's not anything to keep me from attending work normally. I appreciate the input nonetheless.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.