[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self improvement scheduel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I'm trying to improve myself and have implemented this schedule. I need help with suggestions of other things I could do, or things I should change.

>7am
Wake up, shower, head to work breakfast of protein shake
>8am
Arrive at work, be productive
>1pm
eat lunch while listening to audiobook (I have a list of back logged books I am listening to)
>4pm
Leave work, stop at gym
>4:30pm
Work out for hour (listen to audiobook while doing this)
>5:30pm
Study language for hour (currently working on japanese)
>6:30pm
write in novel for hour
>7:30pm
Put prepared dinner on heat (I cook in batches on the weekend) and make lunch for next day
>8pm
Free time till bed
>12pm
Sleep

I am unsure how I can improve this. During my free time try to consume as much media as possible as I think that's better for me than JUST shitposting. Thus far I am been implementing this schedule for three weeks.
>>
Dude I've been doing the same kind of stuff, you're on a good path man. Remember to allow yourself time to relax and kick back as well. You don't want to burn yourself out. Other than that, are you saving money or actively doing anything creative or something that forces you out of the house to be social?
>>
Also maybe be a little more lax with schedule thing. You can't plan everything in life, and you don't want to put unnecessary stress on yourself trying to stay on schedule. I'd instead reccomend forming good habits
>>
>>17258367
Make sure to not look at electronic screens 1 hour to 2 hours before bed to improve sleep quality (e ink is ok). And about sleep, if aren't already, check out a sleep calculator.

>>17259297
This is somewhat true. But it depends on how conscientious you are. It may help to remind yourself that it is an average day schedule, not an everyday one.
>>
That's a pretty solid schedule. I'd personally not listen to audiobook while working out only because I zone out from everything but my workout.
>>
>>17258367
Dear OP

Your structure is good. What you lack is variety. This can be really generic like

Write a song
Record a song
Learn an instrument
Learn car repair basics
Explore historic sites around town
Learn self defense
Get a gun license
Get a gun
Go hunting

Etc etc

But your 8 till midnight...are you social? Mix that up a bit.
Go out to a comedy club
Karaoke
Go to a brandy and cigar longer
Take a class on wines
Go to a sporting event
Get on a local sport team
Start trying fine dining

If you want to bring a bit more enrichment, try...
Bungee jumping
Parasailing
Find a sparring partner
Go to something outside your comfort zone...a rally? Racing event? Public speaking event?
Volunteer at a hospice center?

There's a lot you can do and changing things up helps your mind improve as well.
>>
>>17258367
How did you develop the discipline to stick to this schedule? What happens when you feel tired and don’t feel like doing it?

I'm trying to do something similar and dying... :(
>>
>>17258367
Do you make your bed in the morning? That's a good way to add structure and also makes your place seem cleaner as a bonus.

>>17259431
Are you scheduling by time like OP? If so, developing a basic routine, not defined by time, might be better for you. It'll give you a framework to work within, while allowing for flexibility.

Otherwise, just keep a running to-do list. I break mine down into tasks to accomplish on specific days, things that I need to work on, but that have no deadline, and other things that are ongoing reminders that stay on the list until they're habits.
>>
>>17259328
I'll look into giving some variety. During my 4 hours before bed I tend to do different things. My only real social interaction in D&D on the weekends and gaming with friends over Discord.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.