[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I have stomach cramps/burning that won't go away, what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 582x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 582x262
If I have stomach cramps/burning that won't go away, what's my best option with no health insurance? I think it's an ulcer but it's not like I can walk in an emergency room without being billed 30k
>>
Why don't you have insurance? Are you under 26? If your parents won't cover you under their insurance plan, in most (non-Republican) states, you can get on Medicaid.
https://www.healthcare.gov/medicaid-chip/getting-medicaid-chip/
>>
Could be heartburn. Is it worse when you eat? Got rid of mine by reducing the glycemic load of the stuff I consumed.

You need to consult a doctor, though.

Check this out: http://chriskresser.com/what-everybody-ought-to-know-but-doesnt-about-heartburn-gerd

This for practical measures: http://chriskresser.com/get-rid-of-heartburn-and-gerd-forever-in-three-simple-steps/
>>
>>17257809
+1 to heartburn. What kinds of foods are you eating OP?
>>
>>17257769
Hey OP, this isn't really related but a few years ago I found out I had Crohns disease, really turned my life upside down (not in a good way).
Luckilly I live in the Netherlands and almost everyone is insured here, and health care system is pretty good so that everyone can use it. (No super deluxe resort hospitals, where a glass of water cost 10k usd). Otherwise I have probably lost around 100k usd (not kidding) to this point.

Point I'm trying to make, is that health insurance might be a good option. (If it's possible).
Seriously hope you don't have anything serious.
>>
if the pain goes away after eating, then most likely its an ulcer, omeprazole works wonders for that
>>
oh also, if it is heartburn, i like to drink cold milk to reduce the burning feeling, you can take Ranitidine or Cimetidine (i dont know where you are from and whats the brand name of this medication). Also, for cramps you can take Nospasmin. Go to a pharmacy and check it out :)
>>
>>17257794

I'm 27

I called and found out I could get Medicaid so I'll aim for that as a temp measure

Pain gets worse when eating and lying down. Feels better when I drank milk so I'm pretty sure its a peptic ulcer since my stools are yellowish but solid and burn no blood yet in it. Still have an appetite. Plus I feel tiny cramps above my naval and shortness of breath when I tried to sleep. This all started after downing 2 boxes of spicy pizza for breakfast

>>17257841

That's nice. Wish I was a yuropoor...

>>17257931

Yea that helped a lot actually. But heartburn shouldn't last all day for two days right? It's like I'm always hungry no matter what I eat. Only milk neutralized the feeling a bit
>>
>>17258073
>Pain gets worse when eating and lying down.
>my stools are yellowish but solid

Probably GERD/heartburn. Read the links above.

It can last a lot longer than that.
>>
>>17258092

Yea seems to be going down now. Though I keep drinking milk every few hours. Now I just wonder if this heals on it's own or if I still need to see a doc.
>>
>>17258901
See a doc.
>>
Get yourself tested for SIBO. SIBO is the underlying cause of a lot of stomach issues, but a lot of doctors don't know a lot about it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.