[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
college conflict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 210x240
Okay so I am a college student, end of 2. semester

We have these laboratory exercises, STEM students will know

so long story short ,we have 10 of these exercises and 80% of them are mandatory so if you arent present at at-least 80% of them you cant go take the exam of this subject

now I was informed by the professor that on one of these I wasn't doing what I was supposed to do and therefore they counted me being present but not active or something and I was always active on them and participating with my lab partner

first I was active and second even if there was a conflict the assistant saw he could at least approach me and warn me that although I was present at that exercise ,the lab exercise doesn't count as finished when he was casually taking names, so I would know and then basically attend one more ,it seems very insidiously !

also we dont recieve any evidence to show the exercise counted or not,

How should I approach this situatition ?
>>
anyone ?
>>
Have you ever thought of, you know, asking the professor yourself about your standing in the class?
>>
>>17257658
Dear professor X,

I would like to discuss up with you my mark for subject Y.

Regards,
Anon
>>
>>17257717
Are you sure that expressing outrage on the internet wouldn't be a more productive approach for OP? Talking to the instructor seems like such a simple, obvious solution that it couldn't possibly be useful.
>>
>>17257717

no because the professor doesn't handle the lab exams he only gets the sheet with the "+" handed at the end of semester, other assistants supervise these lab exams, so even If I asked for it he would know and every-time there is another lab assistant with his own lab sheet of attendance for only that day.
>>
shit !

hope its not gonna end like it did at the UCLA
>>
Okay so Im gonna send an email to my professor, but what if he denies, wat im scared of is that these people are very objective especially the professors
>>
>>17257743
What if he denies what? That he knows what your standing is for having credit for labs? How is he supposed to conclude whether or not you're permitted to take the final if he doesn't have access to this information?

What's up with this helpless little fucktard attitude you have? Aren't you supposed to be an adult attending a university? Grow up.
>>
>>17257780

okay, but still

I send the email to him now and awaiting his response and we will see
>>
This is bullshit. I'm an engineering major.

Talk to your professor. He/she is probably more focused on his/her research than the students but your parents or you are paying good money to attend school.

You can always try other tactics. Ask what exactly you were doing wrong. In all lab exercises, there's always a TA who's checking how things go and makes sure all the data is written down.

Check with your partner or lab group to see if their exercise for that lab counted. If their exercise counted and yours didn't even though you followed them through the work, then ask your professor how come they were listed as active?

Nut up man/girl.
>>
>>17257884

well waiting to see wat he says, maybe hell say OK and grant me the exam or it may get complicated

The problem is that as I said we dont get any information if we passed a specific lab exam so in order for my lab partner to know he would have to go to professor and ask him about it
>>
>>17257982
I assume you were informed of this policy at the beginning of the semester. Does it occur to you now that you should have cared enough about getting credit for the labs to have checked with the TA's at the time of each lab?

Sure hope you plan to be more responsible at keeping track of things that are going to be important to you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.