[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aight guys. Need some advice here. Thinking about changing my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
Aight guys. Need some advice here. Thinking about changing my looks since I wasn't giving a fuck about it since I was born. My biggest issue is about my hair. It's curly and I've been growing it out since 5-ish years (I'm a big fan of metal music as you can tell) and I'm not sure about cutting it. The maintenance of it is a huge pain in the ass but I don't know if I drop from a 4/10 to a 2/10 if I do it. They are also curly and I cannot remember how it looks when it's medium long.

The second problem is my glasses. I don't know if they fit me. Any help would be appreciated.

>inb4 faggot
>>
2nd pic.

Also don't mind my grammatical mistakes. English isn't my mother tongue.
>>
>>17257555
Are you a boy or a girl
>>
>>17257562
hahaha I get asked this question quite a log.

I'm a boy
>>
>>17257555
I honestly can't tell if you're a boy or girl. Not trying to be mean - I'm serious. You look so unhappy and have a resting bitch face on - are you a teenager?
>>
>>17257555
Infinitely better with less hair, but don't get it close cropped, because it makes your head look too narrow. Glasses are too big for your face, should be more square. With a wide nose, I would advise buying frames with nosepads. The frames you have now emphasise your nose. Can we get a pic without glasses? I have a feeling you'd look better without them.

You're not 4/10, I'd say 5.5/10. Lose some weight, fix your eyebrows, and then I'd say you could be a 7+. Your features aren't terrible, there's potential.
>>
>>17257574
See a post above.

I'm 18, and yeah I quite do that on photos. (not on purpose tho)
>>
>>17257576
Also a better pic of you with your hair up would be nice, I'm confused by your forehead.
>>
I like your style, I have/had many friends in the metal scene who are still happy with that style well into their 20s. I would say don't change anything, just fucking smile.... like damn...

Maybe next time you're due for new glasses get something a little more stereotypically for men. more narrow lenses seem to suit men more, larger and rounder lenses seem to be what girls go for.
>>
>>17257582
I look like a fucking mess lol. Don't mind the fucked up hair, eyebrows and skin.
>>
>>17257576
>>17257601
And also, I'm currently trying to lose weight. Lost around 20 kgs since last summer and still going!
>>
>>17257601
>>17257607
20kg is definitely no small feat, congratulations anon! Your eyebrows are better than I thought, and your skin is completely fine. I still stand by getting more square/narrow glasses though, and maybe getting metal frames? If you like the long hair, I'd suggest getting it cut to shoulder length? You do look better without the hair covering up your features though.

Now I'd say you're a 7/10, just don't do that resting bitch face anymore, it does you no favours. You have good features anon, nice jaw and high cheekbones. Don't be too critical of yourself. Keep at it with the weight loss.
>>
>>17257654
Thank you!
Since my hair is curly curly, it'll get all the way up above my shoulders if I cut it haha. I guess I'll keep my hair tied up for this summer.

For the eyebrows, can I make them look better? If yes, how? Also, my face was soaked in acne couple years ago and I still have some + scars of them. That's the reason I said that my skin is shit.

I think I was doing that resting bitch face because of all the stress I had in my life but things are going uphill! I'll smile more! Thanks anon!
>>
Just lose some weight, wear contact lenses and enjoy being young Tom Araya.

Also general advice: Start working out. That is going to make you look more male.
>>
>>17257746
Working out already! Lost 20 kgs since last summer!

I have contact lenses but gave up on them. They are a pain in the ass. I'll just let my eyes fixed.
>>
>>17257555

Pluck your eyesbrows.decide on a hair style over the curly fro. And start working out. Your glasses don't compliment your face shape and features so get a new pair. Gg done
>>
>>17257566
>hahaha I get asked this question quite a log.
This means you have the potential to be a very handsome man.
Cut that fucking hair to max Leo Di Caprio length (while dry, with curly hair it means let it get cut around your jawbone).
But still I'd prefer the following hair lengths.
>>
>>17257838
>>
>>17257842
And yes, definitely keep going on loosing weight. You don't need to be at an anorexic level. Just on the healthy range.
>>
>>17257847
As for the glasses go for high class Titanflex if you can. They're almost indestructible (used my last one about six years and it still would have been good to go if my kids didn't punch in my eyes all the time).

I very much prefer the frameless types, they're almost invisible and suit anyone.
>>
>>17257686
No problem, anon! It's good to hear things are getting better for you, 18 is a great age to turn things around. All the best to you.

Admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about cutting curly hair, but I think this >>17257838 length would be good for you? Some amount of volume to your hair would suit you best IMO.

Eyebrows: neaten them up, pluck a little - don't overgroom though, it wouldn't fit your aesthetic. If you're not sure, I'm being serious when I say go to a salon. Nobody is going to laugh at you for coming to get your eyebrows done. We think it's endearing, actually. Are you doing anything to minimise the acne scars - moisturiser, exfoliating etc.? I can barely notice any scaring anyway, your skin looks pretty clear to me.

>>17257859
>frameless
No.
>>
>>17257838
Thank you so much! I'll keep them in mind. I dropped my BMI from 33 to 31. I'll keep working out!

>>17257869
I can totally go to a salon without thinking what others think so that's clear!

My acnes were probably because I used to eat too unhealthy. I'm not doing anything, they are getting less and less over time since I started getting healthy.

>>17257859
I really dislike frameless glasses. Sorry haha.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.