[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kindergarden teacher has told my son he can't bring a hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1536x1024
Kindergarden teacher has told my son he can't bring a hard boiled egg and herb salt for a snack because it's unhealthy. Wtf it the problem with this lady? Or have i missed some breaktrough scientific discovery that eggs will cause incurable diseases?
>>
What does she think is a 'healthy' snack then? The only objection I could think of is that some other kid has an egg allergy, but there's nothing unhealthy about eggs otherwise.
>>
>>17257285
An egg is an incredibly healthy snack and more kids should be eating them.

Go into the school and tell her to fuck off one way or another.
>>
Hahahahahha
Life in America folks.
>>
Either she's a psycho-vegan or she's not up on contemporary nutritional research. There was a point when eggs were thought to be unhealthy, but this has been mostly debunked in recent years. That made big news, so it's not tough to find articles. Give them to the teacher, while continuing to send your child to school with an egg.

And if she does turn out to be psycho-vegan, escalate to the principal.
>>
>>17257410
Actually, i'm from switzerland. Guess american mentality is slowly creeping in.

>>17257420
I don't know if she's a vegan. Could be. She's also a hard core christian.

I'm actually pretty pissed right now. My son refused to eat his eggs at dinner because he is convinced that eggs are "unhealthy" now. I'm going to tell her what i think about her dietary rules tomorrow and might include an article with my son's snack back next time. Entitled cunt... Another mom told me her son refused to eat bananes because that teacher told him it makes you fat to eat them (note that he was below his hight appropriate weight when being told that). Good thing she will be gone next year.
>>
>>17257443
>Another mom told me her son refused to eat bananes because that teacher told him it makes you fat to eat them
Wut. I would be reporting this woman ASAP to her superiors. Make her leave earlier than next year. She sounds out of her mind.
>>
>>17257443
Merci viel mal
>>
>>17257474
Well, what she meant is that a whole banana might be a bitnof a big snack. But she is SO bad with wording stuff that she scares the kids.
It's only two weeks till summer break. I told my son to just ignore her "dietary advices" and eat whatever the heck i pack him and tell her she can call me if there's a problem with that.
>>
>>17257492
Keis problem. Isch gärn gscheh
>>
I think, some scientists in 2013 said that the yellow in the egg COULD be dangerous if eaten daily. 3 years later, there is still no proof of that and some researches are even leading to an opposite conclusion... So you should't bother about the eggs too much.

Still, I think that the only thing unhealthy here is this teacher attitude. And this story about bananas making you fat is even worse. What awful psychosis those theachers are trying to create in your child's minds ??
>>
Eier sind tatsächlich nicht gerade die beste Zwischenmahlzeit außer bei erhöhtem Proteinbedarf. Allerdings deshalb so auszuflippen ist komplett daneben. Man muss das allerdings auch Situationsabhängig sehen. Ich denke ordentlich komplexe Kolenhydrate, etwas Zucker und Fett sowie einen guten Anteil Protein würde ich empfehlen. Aber ich bin auch kein Ernährungsexperte.
>>
>>17257474
This OP, it is not a teacher's place to be giving dietary advice.

I would speak to her superiors.
>>
>>17257285
She's just covering up the fact that she hates the smell of eggs (they can smell bad in closed environments) by saying oh, it's unhealthy! She needs to be reported for giving out unsolicited and dishonest dietary advice to children
>>
>>17257495
>a whole banana might be a bitnof a big snack.
It's a banana, nigger.
>>
Fuck can't a fucking 5 year old stay in god damn ketosis?! Whats the world come too!
>>
>>17257285

The teacher is crazy. Eggs are wholesome and nutritious, especially for children who are growing up. Egg whites are very pure proteins and the egg yolk fattiness is not at all bad for children.

Teachers are not supposed to be giving nutrition advice anyways. All they get is a bachelors in whatever they teach, some courses on how to "theoretically" teach. They're as human and as biased as anyone else.

Tell the school that the teacher is giving improper dietary advice like >>17257684
said. She'll screw up children's minds on what is unhealthy and what is healthy.

Next thing you know, she'll say that pizza is indeed a vegetable and therefore healthy.
>>
>>17257443
>My son reused to eat his eggs at dinner because he is convinced that eggs are "unhealthy" now.

Man, that would piss me off so fucking much. Some clueless dipshit is influencing my child in a bad way? Kill her, OP.
>>
>tfw swiss mommies are posting on 4chan

man what the fuck
>>
>>17257443
>I don't know if she's a vegan. Could be.
Not just a vegan: a psycho-vegan. Like, the kind who refuse to breastfeed their babies because breastmilk is an animal product. THAT kind of psycho.
>>
>>17257410
This is absolutely not American. I am a teacher in the US and I have the exact opposite problem: the school districts gives junk food to our kids and I'm not allowed to say or do anything against it. I'm taking about brownies for breakfast. There are weird combinations for lunch, like mashed potatoes and a side order of rice. It drives me mad.
>>
>>17257495

If your son's worried, I'd have a talk with him. It's weird when you're a kid and two adult authority figures disagree, it's scary having no way to know which one is right.
If you can just give him a regurgitatable REASON that eggs are good, and even better also debunk a reason his teacher might think they're bad, it'll probably help a lot. Because right now, his reason eggs are good is the same reason eggs are bad - "because an adult said so," so he's kind of stuck.
>>
Eggs are good. Tell her your son is bringing eggs or she's getting kicked in her's.
>>
Draw the teacher's face on the eggshells so she can watch your son crush it in front of her every day.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.