[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I was having this conversation with this black woman earlier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1459435100727.jpg (62 KB, 479x444) Image search: [Google]
1459435100727.jpg
62 KB, 479x444
So, I was having this conversation with this black woman earlier today and she was saying blacks can't be racist. I clearly explained to her the definition of racism is believing one race is superior to another multiple times. I kept trying to explain this but she said "i don't care you're not black enough to understand" and kept saying blacks can't be racist because "they don't get nothin out of it". I'm already half black and the rest of me is German and Hispanic. How much more "black" do I need to be to understand her blatant racism? Seriously, I'm so tired of being surrounded by morons. I understand this isn't my blog but how do you deal with blatantly racist black people?
>>
>>17257126
You don't. You let them stay ignorant and hope they die painful deaths.
>>
>>17257126
Why do you feel the need to argue with these people? Unless you're doing it for shits and giggles there's no reason to engage mongs.
>>
>>17257126
Fucking hell, whites cant know racism since you're not the minority, and will never, or have ever been. Hybrids don't count as well.
>>
>>17257172
1. You're wrong
2. That wasn't the question
>>
>>17257175
its the explanation, since youre not black you cant even begin to talk about racism.
>>
File: 1463251245023.jpg (188 KB, 1280x1082) Image search: [Google]
1463251245023.jpg
188 KB, 1280x1082
>>17257175
>replying to trolls
Ignore him before he derails my entire thread. I know how this works. IGNORE HIM.
>>
>>17257126
Op is trying to argue that as the "black" women won't believe there can be racist "black" people.
The "black" women is therefore stating her race as superior as they don't get racist like other races.

But as op defines this women as a colour and not her race, op is losing the argument.
>>
Everybody remember a tv show called Doug? Doug had a best friend named skeeter. This guy was literally colored. It must've represented a friendship between a white child and black child
>>
>>17257126
From a strict sociological perspective she is technically corrext, though not for the reason she claims. According to theory, racism is not just prejudice concerning race: it is only racism if the person holding the prejudice belongs to a race that is considered powerful while the race they hold prejudice toward is not.

This is why I don't have a lot of respect for contemporary sociology.
>>
Her argument is this:
Your definition of racism is in fact the definition of prejudice.
Her definition of racism is prejudice, along with the power to act on it.
She's saying black people don't have the power to act on their prejudice, and therefore aren't racist.

I'm not saying I agree with her argument, or that you have to, but that's what she's trying to say.
>>
>>17257182
>Op is trying to argue that as the "black" women won't believe there can be racist "black" people.
Where did he say that in his entire post? You're twisting his words.
>>
The whole superiority complex is way beyond what it takes to be racist in my opinion.

When you make any kind of assumptions about a persons life solely based on their genetic makeup, you are making race the primary driver of your perception of someone, and you are therefore a racist.

Claiming that the color of your skin can denote whether or not someone can harbor racist thoughts is racist.

This is almost as bad as #blacklivesmatter.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.