[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm living with my family to save money for college,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1465783995895.jpg (48 KB, 427x406) Image search: [Google]
1465783995895.jpg
48 KB, 427x406
So I'm living with my family to save money for college, which is something I'm thankful for. But my family has this really weird issue with food.

For instance out of pocket I bought two pizzas for my brother, father and I with some chicken for my mother. My mother has celiac disease, the real gluten auto immune disease that the people with allergies try to mimic so I try to make sure to keep her in consideration. I was exhausted, went to bed early, and I found out my father ate all of the chicken I got for my mother and my brother managed to eat 1.5 pizzas by the time I get back home the next day (how was he not vomiting afterwards?) My mother decided to rant to me about how she felt slighted over this, rather than the guy who you know acted like an ass.

Then a while later, I make a bunch of egg nog. Way more than a family should be able to consume in a couple of days. Well my father drank 2/3 of it overnight, and I decide to add some extra cream to what was left and make some icecream out of it. Yet again when I come back home the next day, I found out my brother ate it all. These are all just examples that have happened over the past couple of weeks, far from the only examples.

When I complain to them about this shit, they'll usually pay back the cost of whatever I bought. But it still rubs me raw because there's also the time and effort I put into whatever I had made. On top of that my father and brother have no taste, they can barely taste the difference between Kraft and something homemade so I know they're not appreciating the effort involved either. I'm not crazy for feeling this way am I? I feel more appreciated when I make something at a friends place than with my family lately.
>>
>>17256302
Your father/brother are just inconsiderate pigs. Until you're able to move out, keep your food separate and only make enough for yourself.
>>
In the first instance, tell your mother to chill and explain to her you did consider her and you got her some chicken but your fat fuck dad ate it all.

For everything else, they're your family so none of this should be new to you. Leave them to their own devices and either get food for yourself only or ignore how they are and just get generic stuff and don't put in so much effort that you expect appreciation. You don't prepare a gourmet meal for a dog and expect it to do more than bark and shit.
>>
ur twelve
go to bed, its getting late
>>
>>17256311
>and only make enough for yourself.
The thing is my mother is considerate though, so I don't mind helping her out especially considering shes been extremely stressed out lately. But unless I threaten to hit them practically, they'll just eat whatever I made for her. I have half a mind to buy my own minifridge to get around this.

>>17256325
>In the first instance, tell your mother to chill and explain to her you did consider her and you got her some chicken but your fat fuck dad ate it all.
I could have worded it better, she was venting but didn't blame me for it. I thought she should have been chewing out my father who seems to underscore her condition.

>>17256332
Quality post friendo
>>
>>17256335
>The thing is my mother is considerate though, so I don't mind helping her out especially considering shes been extremely stressed out lately. But unless I threaten to hit them practically, they'll just eat whatever I made for her.
Right, which is why I said just make enough for yourself. Even if you were to make enough for her, they'd eat it.

>I have half a mind to buy my own minifridge to get around this.
That's not a bad idea, but if they know you're storing food in your room, they'll probably look in there too. Unless you're able to lock the door when you leave. You can find them pretty cheap online, if you don't mind a used fridge.
>>
>>17256335
>I could have worded it better, she was venting but didn't blame me for it. I thought she should have been chewing out my father who seems to underscore her condition.
Whether she was venting or blaming you, the advice still stands. Tell her to chill and maybe offer to get her something else.

The reason why she wasn't upset at him and was only venting was because she's aware of what the family is like. Just as you should be.

>Husband, I hate how you ate my chicken! Fuck you!
>God, I hate how my food always gets eaten and I'm left with nothing!

She didn't do the top one because she already knows he does that sort of thing, so she did the bottom one because she's just frustrated. There's no point complaining to them because it's a reoccurring habit that won't be changed.
>>
Do the clichéd thing and put laxitives in the food just keep it out of your mother's reach though. I had the same problem with my 2 younger brothers.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.