[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help, what am I supposed to do when this happens? I go to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: I peed my pants.png (41 KB, 111x373) Image search: [Google]
I peed my pants.png
41 KB, 111x373
Help, what am I supposed to do when this happens?

I go to a restaurant, and the moment I step in the door, the people who prep my food shout over to me "hello".

As I get closer to see the menu, they ask me what do I want.

I don't fucking know yet, I didn't see the menu yet fuck!!
They proceed to stare at me, waiting for my immediate answer, I try to stand away from them, out of line and I still get stared at. Then another employee shows up to ask me if something is wrong.

When I'm clearly looking at the menu!
Can't they see I'm DECIDING.
How do I get these people to stop looking at me, while I'm trying to figure out what I want.
I want them to not talk to me.

I end up ordering food I never wanted because people get impatient and keep asking me.

If I go to a sit down restaurant with a server, she will fucking stare at me and wait till I decide, when I want her to fuck off and let me think.

I'll try to find a way to get her to go away temporarily but she's back after a minute repeating what do I want. It's so annoying.

Even if I tell people "I need time to see what's on the menu" these fuckers call me out every minute, asking if I figured what I wanted yet. HELLO I AM STILL LOOKING AT THE MENU AND NOT YOU. If I knew what I wanted, I would've approached you retards. I am an adult yet I don't know why they don't have common sense that I want to look at the fucking menu first, look at prices and calculate this all in my head. Let me think deeply before ordering.

> TL;DR
How do I look at the menu at restaurants without having the employees talk to me, or ask what I want and stare at me?
>>
You can't. But you can be communicative and tell them you dont know and to hold on.
>>
>I act like an autist and people treat me like I'm an autist
How hard is is it to fucking say "still deciding, won't be a minute"?
>>
This is why I don't go to restaurants.
>>
You can make a pic and study the menu during night because you're fucking tard who can't even pay for what he wants
>>
>>17256202
"I don't know what I want yet, but I'll tell you when I do."
>>
Say "I need a couple minutes" or "can you come back in a couple minutes? I'm still deciding". Why is this such a big issue for you?
>>
>>17256208
I already said that. And gave an example of the 1 out of 100 things I tried to say.

Asshole, go fuck yourself.

>>17256220
You didn't read my entire post, I already said I tried that.
>>
>>17256222
How fucking long does it take you to decide what you want to eat?
>>
>>17256223
> new restaurant.
About 10 minutes ideally, but after they ask a 3rd time I force myself to order the first thing on the menu and I end up having an unpleasant experience with shit food I never wanted.

So, it ends up taking me about 2-3 minutes always because they ask multiple times a minute.
>>
>>17256222
How do you do anything at all if you can't even order food at a restaurant? And why does something so trivial bother you the the point where you have write a mutiple paragraph post about it?
>>
>>17256217
>>17256222

Tell them that YOU will tell THEM when you're ready.
>>
>>17256230
>10 minutes
That's a really long time. Do you have trouble reading or something?
>>
File: 1380082329766.jpg (23 KB, 353x379) Image search: [Google]
1380082329766.jpg
23 KB, 353x379
>>17256202

>How do I look at the menu at restaurants without having the employees talk to me, or ask what I want and stare at me?

Stop giving a fuck if people get impatient. Some asshole who hates his job not wanting to wait 30 seconds for you to decide what you want to eat is not your problem. He is paid there to stand behind a greasy cash register and twiddle his thumbs until you're ready.

Sounds like you have no backbone, kid. Maybe you should try speaking up and telling people to hold their fucking horses.

If you don't want people to look at you or talk to you when you're at a restaurant, order fuckin take out. If that's not an option then stop letting people walk all over you and stop being so sensitive.

Me, personally? I'll bring a fucking pop up tent and a sleeping bag and set up camp until I decide what I want. No way in hell I'm ordering some shit I don't want cause some fuck-head 17 year old thinks rolling his eyes at me is gonna hurt my feelings. If they don't like that shit they're more than welcome to quit, not my problem.
>>
>>17256238
This should work, I'll try.

>>17256239
Well not everyone on the planet is functioning on the same level as each other.
I wish there were sympathetic people on this board.
I have no doubt that the people who are surprised by my behavior, bullied kids on the short bus and told them to kill their self.

>>17256233
I can order food.
Why does this bother you to the point you have to degrade me, mock me, criticize me?
Why can't you just avoid posts you have a problem with instead of trying to provoke.
>>
>>17256245
Remember: people in the service industry are there to accommodate you, not the other way around. I don't mean this in a condescending way: it's literally their job.
>>
>>17256245

>Why does this bother you to the point you have to degrade me, mock me, criticize me?

Because the problem you're describing is not a problem at all and when we mentioned how simple of a solution it was you acted like a big fucking baby about it.

Have you never been to 4chan before? Even if you hadn't of acted like a bitch we probably would of made fun of you anyways.
>>
What mental disorder do you have? You seem like you're out of your mind.
>>
>>17256202
>>17256222
>>17256230
>>17256245
You are a fascinating exhibit of sociopathic behavior. I would be very interested in studying you.
>>
File: 1439602864340.jpg (6 KB, 281x200) Image search: [Google]
1439602864340.jpg
6 KB, 281x200
>How do I order from a menu without suffering from a panic attack?
>/adv/
>>
When someone talks to you, you have to talk back. Expecting people to read your mind or body language is just plain ridiculous.

Also be clear on what you want from them. If you need 3 minutes, then tell them that you need approximately 3 minutes to make up your mind. If they bother you again, they're just looking for a status update; tell them that you need another 3 minutes or something.
>>
OP just look at their menu online and pick out what you want before you go.

That way you can answer the first time they ask you and you get to choose in the comfort of your own home.

also you're an autist
>>
File: 1448922411252.png (294 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448922411252.png
294 KB, 640x480
>>17256202
Where do you live? Where are you going? That doesn't sound what employees do at restaurants where I go anywhere in the US.
>>
>"hold on a sec, let me read first"
>>
>uh hold on I'm not sure yet
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.