[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend and his brothers have no problem being naked in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 750x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 750x494
My boyfriend and his brothers have no problem being naked in front of each other and their parents. Is this normal? I'm completely creeped out by it. I was over the other day, and his brother came home from work. Not realising they had company over, he walked naked through the hall to the shower, and bumped into me. He apologised profusely.

When I asked my boyfriend about it, he didn't see a problem. I was mortified, and asked what if his parents, or other family, had seen his brother naked. Then he gave me a really weird look, like he couldn't understand what the problem was, and said "they're my parents. They raised me. They've seen me naked plenty of times. I don't see the problem." WTF?! He later clarified that his mother is never naked around them, but his father has no problem joining them nude in the sauna, and that my boyfriend has similarly walked from his room to the shower nude, bumped into his mother, and spoken to her like that before. WTF

This is weird, isn't it? Or am I too uptight? Surely it's not healthy for adult children to be comfortable with their parents seeing them naked.
>>
>>17255787
For me, it's not weird at all.
I walked in front of my parents naked all the time and they did the same, when we lived together.
>>
you're the weirdo
>>
op, you might have some unresolved childhood issues.
>>
It's not, my family is this way too. Hate to say this but you might be the weird one OP.
>>
The moral here is : don't date Swedes.

Fuck, don't date Scandies. Period.

Fins aren't people, so you shouldn't be dating them in the first place
>>
>>17255816
>>17255809
>>17255804
>>17255802

In my family, I wouldn't even let me parents see me in my underwear. It seems sick and creepy that they're so comfortable doing this.

I've been talking to my boyfriend more and apparently the whole extended family do it! He's seen cousins naked after they went swimming too apparently.

I'm starting to suspect that he was molested as a kid. He said something about his parents sleeping in his bed some nights when he was a kid the other day, and that freaked me out too. What father would want to sleep in the same bed as their five year old son instead of their wife?! Gross.
>>
>>17255823
He's not European. They're Australian.
>>
>>17255839
>not European
>Australian
Well I suppose it's sort of true at this point.
>>
>>17255832
Why doesn't English have a word for female cousins and male cousins? Ridiculous. How am I supposed to know.

But nonchalance with nudity is normal in close families. I mean you cover yourself up usually, but there is absolutely no trouble if your brothers or something see you nude.

However female cousins is a tad odd.
>>
>>17255832
You're fucking insane.

> It seems sick and creepy that they're so comfortable doing this.
Nude isn't necessarily sexual. It is normal to feel comfortable in front of your family.
You treat this as it is something "sexual", like they masturbate in front of each other or something, but honestly I don't feel weird being naked in front of people I have no sexual attraction for (like close friends or relatives).

>What father would want to sleep in the same bed as their five year old son instead of their wife?!
A decent one?
Like, maybe your boyfriend was sick, had a nightmare, had a bad day and needed support.

Like, why the fuck your first thought is "SEXUAL ABUSE"?
>>
>>17255867
I just asked. He has 14 cousins and only one is female. She's the youngest sibling of 4 and a real tomboy apparently.

He got really tetchy when I asked if he'd seen her naked. He said yeah, once or twice, when he was 6. He's calling me a repressed weirdo for being so concerned.
>>
>>17255880
I see no issues here. Not like they're parading their cocks infront of each other. They are just going about their business, and no one is getting sexual.
>>
>>17255880
It's a little weird, but seems totally harmless. You'll have to learn to deal with it if you want keep seeing him
>>
>>17255880
If you can't deal with it, you should probably move on now.
Don't stress him out because you are psychologically and sexually repressed and can't cope.
>>
>>17255880
>He's calling me a repressed weirdo for being so concerned.
He's right.
>>
>>17255880
You are definitely a repressed weirdo.
>>
>>17255832
>I'm starting to suspect that he was molested as a kid. He said something about his parents sleeping in his bed some nights when he was a kid the other day, and that freaked me out too. What father would want to sleep in the same bed as their five year old son instead of their wife?! Gross.

Honestly? This makes you sound like you were the one who was molested. This is totally normal behavior.
>>
>>17255899
She was almost certainly molested.
>>
Poor OP, her family view is getting shattered here.

This guy you are dating, his family is a bit more comfortable with nudity than most, however it is nothing worth your concern. Some families just do things differently.
>>
>>17255787
>>17255832

You're the weird one, I'm afraid. Ever since I was little, I grew up running around naked or half-naked around my family. Assuming molestation, when they're comfortable and NOT acting distant, is fucking wrong. You may feel uncomfortable around your parents, but that is YOUR issue. And you know what? I used to sleep half-naked in bed with my parents. Sometimes they didn't want to deal with the excessive tossing and turning, so one would leave. You know what we did? We slept. If you're not close to your family, you won't get it.
>>
>>17255929
It is not normal to sleep naked with parents. It's sexual.
>>
Tbh are they very European because my family does too, I'm a guy and my grandma aunt and mom don't give a single fuck, and nor do I much at this point although I'll hold my junk to cover it
>>
>>17255976
No, it's not. If you think it's sexual, you have issues.
>>
I don't know if everyone here is trolling you or you and I are the only weirdos in this thread but I wouldn't say that's normal at all and I'd be just as freaked out as you. I haven't heard of any family who does this, no matter how comfortable they are with each other. I think it's one thing to be in UNDERWEAR (not naked) around very close friends or same-sex siblings, but once the parents are brought into it, and we are talking about completely nude? No way.
>>
>>17255787
You're too up tight.
I do this with my siblings. It's not a big deal.
It's not like we stare at eachother's genitals, but if I'm naked around them I don't feel shame I just do whatever it is I need to do and move on.

So, this isn't that abnormal.
>>
Their family is different from yours. Sounds like they are very natural and comfortable around each other and with nudity in general. This is completely normal and desu quite healthy.

You sound like a judgemental asshole. Get over it or move on, you have no right to come over to their house and judge the way they live. Please grow up.
>>
>>17256301
Boundaries need to be set between parents and children to promote healthy attachment. A man shouldn't be comfortable nude around his mother for the same reason he shouldn't be overly affectionate to her. He's meant to leave the family to start his own with a wife, not make his wife and mother compete for affection.
>>
>>17255976
Anon, it's not normal for someone to sexualise their own family members.
>>
>>17255976
Being nude is not inherently sexual. Everyone is born naked for christ's sake, are you going to say that every baby born is asking for it? You've got some issues.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.