[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interaction Tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: spengbib.jpg (97 KB, 861x1170) Image search: [Google]
spengbib.jpg
97 KB, 861x1170
ITT: Post your best tips for human interactions
>>
Lets start off with a list of 192

http://modernmachiavelli.com/psychological-manipulation-techniques/
>>
>>17254479
Some of that is really cringy...
>>
Interact with people.
>>
>>17254478
Be polite. Take an interest in people who take an interest in you.
Try to smile when you first see/meet someone.
Try finding some common ground. Are you both into the nightlife scene? Does this group of people have strong opinions about Asian delicacies. Does this person feel the same way about Donald trump as I do?

Try to avoid unsavoury things and topics like abortions, murders, deaths, breakups, prostitutes, drugs, and others which might make people uncomfortable for whatever reason.
>>
lookup mirroring, that shit is just ridiculously powerful and most people aren't even aware of it
>>
>>17254549
This... avoid questionable subjects at all costs unless you KNOW they're comfortable. Knowing what not to say is half the battle. Knowing how to say it is the other half.
>>
File: cycle.png (179 KB, 800x415) Image search: [Google]
cycle.png
179 KB, 800x415
>>17254562
Oh I know, just unaware of to what extent.

A lot of the "lesser known" stuff is very appealing to me, since I'm working on designing a model for social engineering / discourse practices. I want to eventually streamline some of this stuff into infographs, models, etc.

If you know of any other techniques that you've practiced and had a powerful impact - do post.

Maybe with a little story or example to add more depth.
>>
>>17254574
try https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU_W0oE_ock8bWKjALiGs8Q
>>
Shit, this is my thread... But i'm driving atm. Can you make one on adv too so it doesn't close so fast?
>>
>>17254589
I can normally just tab out and have a video running while solely listening to its audio

This guy makes it difficult and I'm not a faggot. Good gesturing and matching RSVP (rhythm, speed, volume, pitch), I can tell he's well-learned.
>>
Either include yourself into the topics being discussed, or don't. It's your choice, but not talking for too long is sort of weird. Not terribly so, but it's unsettling for some.

If it becomes an awkward silence among the group then it's time to change the topic.
Let's say you were talking with friends about Florida, and there's a silence that falls. Start a new discussion by asking where they'd like to travel to.(obviously besides Florida)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.