[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop remembering things from my past that I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: SadToad.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
SadToad.png
80 KB, 500x421
How do I stop remembering things from my past that I don't want to remember?
Please help.
>>
>>17252819
A .50 bullet
>>
go see a hypnotist
>>
>>17252825
This. Shooting one rather as opposed to eating one, though I would assume this anon is suggesting eating it.

No but seriously if it is bothering you enough, find a coping mechanism. I too suffer from a similar problem.
>>
>>17252819
Make new memories.
>>
>>17252845
best answer actually

Make a lot of new memories just so these past memories seem far away from the toad you are now.
>>
>>17252878
I prefer the hypnotist answer, the future is a constant reminder of my past.
>>
>>17252916
Hypnosis will never make you erase memories.
>>
>>17252921
Fuck off im trying anyways
>>
>>17252845
Pretty much this.

I'm 29 and while still relatively young I've done a lot in my life I think. There's a lot of regret and sadness in some of those memories but I just got lucky that I don't really dwell on things or get upset, angry, frustrated, etc. anymore. So most of my memories from the last 5 years have overshadowed everything from my late teens and early 20's. Now this doesn't mean I've completely forgotten about that stuff, but I haven't thought about in so long because I've been focused on the last few years and more importantly the future. All these memories are relatively good.

You can't ever forget the past but you can keep living without it effecting the present. That's basically life in a nutshell. Don't get bogged down by things you have no control over.
>>
You have to talk about them. Not over the Internet but to a real person. Helped me.
>>
>>17252819
take pictures of places you like and remember that instead
>>
you learn from it..
>>
>>17252819
You don't. You bear with it and even try remembering every detail. You analyse everything from the view of a psychiatrist.
Then the wounds heal with some time and you even forget that shit unless you really want to remember. And if you remember it won't be hurting you anymore.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.