[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, I have a bit of a dilemma. For the record, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 764x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 764x470
Hi /adv/, I have a bit of a dilemma.

For the record, I'm the oldest sibling (mid 20's), my sister's 19, and my younger brother is 10.

A few days ago my dad was accused of molesting my younger brother. My parents are divorced, so he was over at my dads for the weekend. My sister was the one who initially made the call, and it's been making me sick to my stomach.

I never saw proof or could even imagine him being a predator, but now I'm not sure. Every night he (brother) would have to sleep in my dads bed, and would occasionally throw out his clothes and bedsheets. My sister caught my dad following him to the bathroom and holding him in very disturbing ways. My brother has drawn pictures of us saving him from the "scary knife man" who closely resembles my father.

How do I go about finding answers?

My brother is too young to understand and he isn't saying much, but I don't want to mold an image in his head. I confronted my father about it and he seemed upset, but didn't want to talk to me for a few days...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
believe them. kids dont make that up.

if you ignore them or side with your dad, they'll resent you for life.
>>
>>17252126
Ask your brother
He is the only one who has the answers to all of your questions. If it is true, contact the police and have your brother go in and tell them everything.
>>
>>17252126

who accused him?

talk to your brother adn try to be subtle not saying his dad did it.

but hes 10 years old, not 4. hes practically a teenager. 10 year olds dont draw pictures of the 'scary knife man'. they have a much different psychological process.
>>
>>17252126
>Every night he (brother) would have to sleep in my dads bed, and would occasionally throw out his clothes and bedsheets.
This is not normal behaviour towards a 10 year old.

>>17252131
OP's sister is 19.
>>
>>17252138

this. hes ten, not 5.
>>
>>17252131
I would totally believe him if he actually said something about it, but it's my sister who's making these claims. She told me she just had a "weird sense" that it was happening.

I can't tell if everyone's paranoid or if something IS going on.
>>
>>17252138
>>17252139
I'll ask him tonight then. I'm just hoping none of this is true, I really appreciate the input guys
>>
>>17252169

just be real. take him out for a burger or something and just say you want to have a real man talk. i mean has he had a birds and the bees explanation yet?

go through that and in the middle ask him if he has had any sexual contact, if hes ever been abused, etc.

be a bro.,
>>
>>17252169
>>17252189

other note, mention its okay for dudes to do stuff together, but not okay if an adult is making him do stuff he doesnt like.

even if you disagree and think homos should go to hell or whatever, just say this so he doesnt feel like hes now 'ruined' by his father for being molested by a guy.
>>
>>17252193
Thanks man, that answers how I should broach the subject.

I'll stay calm and take him out for pizza, I'll bring up the "manhood" talk and go from there
>>
>>17252145
I know he is 10, but what is wrong with asking him? Seriously? How does asking his brother if he was raped/molested make it seem like I was talking as if his brother was 5?
>>
>>17252154
>I can't tell if everyone's paranoid or if something IS going on.
People don't get paranoid on these kinds of matters. They're very delicate and if your sister wouldn't be very very sure she'd not mention it.
But I don't need to tell you that. You know better than any of us. And you know deep down you know if it's very possible or not.
>>
>>17252169
>I'm just hoping none of this is true
That's the problem. Just don't, or you'll grasp at any possibility of denial there is, and that's just not fucking fair to your brother who needs and deserves support more than anyone else.
>>
>>17252139
So does that mean this thread is a lie??
>>
>>17252126
Going to the police would be a start.
Kids can't make up those sort of stories, they don't have the capacity to do so as they don't understand.
If your dad is innocent, the police will come to that conclusion, if he did anything wrong, they will find out.
>>
>>17252142
He threw out his bedsheets?
Sounds like that could get expensive.
>>
>>17252126
This sounds very bad and should be taken serious, I hope you're brother is well. If this is true, I hope your father suffers consequences.
>>
My daughter is 10 months old.
My husband and I obviously were naked around her all the time when she was a little baby... Now she is older but my husband still will play with her when he is naked.
We are family and I don't want to teach her body shame and it isn't remotely sexual, but I was just wondering if other people had an age when they stopped being naked around their kids??
I just worry she will get scared by his penis now that she is getting older.
>>
>>17252433
>My husband and I obviously were naked around her all the time when she was a little baby... Now she is older but my husband still will play with her when he is naked.
That's a bit weird.
Kids don't understand context, your kid might start stripping when it comes to playing at school, or they might say "I play naked with my dad" and someone misinterpret it, then you have social services investigating you, the inevitable argument of "b-but its my kid" and "I can raise her how I like", which only makes you look more guilty.

You aren't teaching your kid shit about body shaming, you think you are, but you aren't, your kid just knows that when it is play time, it is naked time.
If you explain "we are naked so you don't worry about your body", the kid won't understand, and as she gets older, she will become the social outcast not understanding why everyone doesn't play naked.
>>
>>17252433
You should probably stop soon
Unless you want your kid to be fucked up.
>>
You should contact law enforcement or ask a child psychologist for guidance.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.