[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people become cult leaders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: heavensgate-.jpg (161 KB, 898x662) Image search: [Google]
heavensgate-.jpg
161 KB, 898x662
Why do people become cult leaders?
>>
to feel loved
>>
>>17251941
It's a pretty good job mang
>>
>>17251941
it pays well
>>
>>17251954

this. im managing (not leading) a cult, and im making like 16 bucks an hour without any work experience.

gonna look great on my resume
>>
Because they can't become anything important in normal society.
>>
>>17251941

Because they have narcissistic tendencies and being worshiped by their cultists makes them feel good and validated.
>>
>>17251954
>>17251964
How does cults even earn money?
>>
because earth is about to be recycled

your only chance to enter the kingdom of god, the kingdom of heaven, is to come with us
>>
>>17252244
People give all their shit when they join.
>>
>>17251941
They didn't go to college.
>>
>>17251941
power. i know a few cult leaders because my ex was crazy and into the new age movement. majority of the leaders are male, and majority of the followers are female, its probably really easy for the leaders to fuck the female followers. i know one guy who apparently heals people and he runs a little group of a few hundred people in the internet, they sometimes meet up and shit.
>>
>>17252293
Is that really it?
>>
>>17252422
Massive donations from their members and typically they don't even pay taxes or pay very little as they are either religious in nature or underground.
>>
>>17252511
Why would people just hand over all their money on a regular basis?
>>
Why do people become cult leaders? Because they get bored of 4chan.
>>
>>17252555
It's a cult that's why
>>
>>17251941
For the lulz. In fact, there may be no question for which this answer is more true.
>>
>>17252555

It's a cult only if people believe in it. If people believe in it, they'll gladly give their money.
>>
>>17252511
>>17252581
>>17252589
How do the cults ask for money?
>>
>>17251964
U are a parish priest?

>>17252690
Pls give us moneyshekelz ze lord will bless
>>
>>17251941

Power.
Money.
Lots of Free time.
Good food.

In the eastern-esoterically inspired ones
usually lots of free sex as well.
>>
>>17252742
>Lots of Free time.
What? Are they now the leader of a larger religious cult?
>>
>>17251941
Money and power.
Usually only to be able to act out awful fetishes and getting away with it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.