[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Immigration to Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 736x940) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 736x940
Good afternoon /adv/,

I'm a little sick of American politics and especially American media. I've joked around before about moving to Canada if things don't pan out positively here, and in light of recent events in this country and he inevitability of electing either an idiot or a lying criminal to be our national leader, I'm unfortunately considering that joke a little more seriously.

So my question is 1) to any Canadafags reading, especially ones that have successfully emigrated there, is it worth it? Where are nice areas to live that have good technical job markets? I was thinking Toronto suburbs since I'm in northeast US and would still be somewhat near my family.

2) How do you go about the process of entering and getting citizenship? I know unless you argue for skilled labor r something you can't get immediate residency, but since I have a degree and work in IT would I qualify? if not, is working/living under a work visa in Canada doable?

Thanks all, any other advice on not living in this country anymore also much appreciated.
>>
>>17251588
Nobody wants your disgusting american fat smelly fifth in their country. Stay in your hell hole and do not bring any of your garbage to countries that are not already fucked.
>>
I remember reading an article about how every US election year the amount of traffic on the Canadian immigration site skyrockets. This is your first voting age election year isn't it?
>>
>>17251598
I wouldn't want Americans either, but I like to think I don't belong in the degeneracy pit.

>>17251599
second election.
>>
I used to work for an immigration lawyer. It's a long process and if you're young and unskilled, you may not even be considered. You may opt for temporary residence instead (eventually going permanent). I'd recommend that you check around for immigration lawyers who do free consultations and get their opinion.

You can determine your eligibility, etc. on the Government of Canada's website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/englIsh/immigrate/index.asp
>>
>>17251618
Thanks, looks like I'm eligible if I take some language tests.
>>
>>17251588
>I have a degree and work in IT

If you can prove our worth to blackberry and pull them from the death pit then they will help you in your immigration process.
If your IT is something the average joe can do like troubleshoot PC then you're fucked
>>
Can Dutchbros come to Canada? I like the american continent. Just not America.
>>
>>17251588
I hope you have much success leaving America.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.