[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: index.png (1 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.png
1 KB, 225x225
Anyone acquainted with Tinder that can tell me what's going on/if anything is going on? I've used the app Swipely to show me people who've already liked me. When I go on Tinder and like them back, nothing happens. Also I've used Steven Kelly's photographs and got nothing, no matches. I emailed Tinder about it and got 10 matches instantly, then nothing for an hour or so. I replied to the email I sent and got another five instantly, then nothing again! An explanation I can figure is that while I was away from the app people have been liking me/liking me back. Okay, fine. But the matches are trickling in at a much slower pace than before as well... I dunno. I think for some reason I get blocked/shadowbanned when I try using Tinder. I've gotten like 30 matches out of 700. Seems low, no?
>>
>>17248907
You were using Steven Kelly's photos? Like - someone else's pictures?

What do you honestly expect to accomplish with that?

Maybe people just know you're full of shit
>>
>>17248915
I would've never heard of Steven Kelly if not for 4chan. I've no idea how famous he is. I'm using his photos because he's obviously attractive and his photos are nice, and trying to see if my account is screwed or not. 30 women out of around 700 right swipes, is it normal? That's all I want to know. Like I said, I suspect my account is messed up for some reason. But when I go to the gays I get a match every second, so maybe not.
>>
>>17248922
I'd say that's fairly normal for the easily fooled.

Use your own pictures. No selfies, no pictures with hot girls. Have like, 1 of you with a friend, 1 of you doing something you like (outdoor hobby)/you with your dog, and then one of you with a group of friends doing something that you like.

Have your description say something short and sweet - not a paragraph about your whole life.

Something like "New to [city redacted], avid cyclist and film lover. Trying to meet new people who like to have fun" or some such bullshit.

Think like, how would you introduce yourself during a small talk conversation? You wouldn't drop that you're into the goriest horror melt movies from the 1980's, you would say you like scary movies.
>>
>>17248933
Thanks for the help, but I'm a boring shut-in with no friends lol. The thing is I've been told I'm attractive. Plus chicks used to run me over trying to get some action, paw at me, etc. you get the idea. But, but, but, I guess that's not enough these days. <sigh>. Here's my bio:
I am ambient (quiet, gorgeous, and petty). God probably hates me, but I don't mind.
>>
>>17248961
Yeah "God probably hates me" is a bit heavy for a tinder profile.

No girl is going to swipe right on some nihilistic asshole (which you may or may not be, but that's irrelevant).

Just start doing stuff man. Even if you have no friends at all, there are alternative things to post there that can be at least more successful than what you have currently.

Go hiking at a popular spot and have randoms on the trail take a picture of you and your bicycle or what the fuck ever.

You're only as boring as you think you are. Start doing things you FIND interesting, and people will flock. This is good advice not only for Tinder, but for the real world. Get into kayaking, or fishing, or hiking like I said earlier, or anything really.
>>
Are bots still a thing? I haven't gotten any of those yet.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.