[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: book_guide_hero_books.png (48 KB, 454x478) Image search: [Google]
book_guide_hero_books.png
48 KB, 454x478
Can you recommend me some books? I prefer self-improvement books
>>
File: cover.jpg (173 KB, 938x1492) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
173 KB, 938x1492
The Gorilla Mindset by Mike Cernovic is good.
it's very macho and the dude seems like a total self centered asshole most of the time and I couldn't care less about his past which he describes in detail in some parts of the book but some of the advice he gives is actually really great. And it's not that long either.
>>
>>17248464
Free Will by Sam Harris
The Motivation Hacker
How to Win at College
Confessions of a Recruiting Director: The Insider’s Guide to Landing Your First Job
So Good They Can’t Ignore You
How to be Remarkable
The Personal MBA
Your Money: The Missing Manual
The 4-Hour Work Week
Personal Investing: The Missing Manual
Brain Rules
Confessions of a Public Speaker
Worldly Wisdom: Collected Quotations and Aphorisms
Eat That Frog
>>
>>17248432

The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson.

>>17248464
>>17248498

Can you guys give examples of why any of those are worth reading, as compared to the standard self-help book which basically says "Do shit."

For the finance books listed, as opposed to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", which can literally be summarized as "Invest your money instead of wasting it."
>>
>>17248513
I didnt read any financial books yet but i can give you a personal advice for a book: How to win friends and influence people... best book ive had so far... i can also give you a list of financial books that ive found in the internet ... but im german so you have to translate it in the internet:
Entrepreneurship

1. Kopf schlägt Kapital – Die andere Art Unternehmen zu gründen
2. The Lean Startup – Schnell, risikolos und erfolgreich Unternehmen gründen
3. Zero to One – Gedanken zu Start-Ups
4. Der Weg zum erfolgreichen Unternehmer – Neue Dynamik fürs Unternehmen
5. Start-up! – Mit weniger als 100 € ein Unternehmen gründen
6. Business Model Canvas – Das Framework für Geschäftsmodelle
7. Das Handbuch für Startups – Inhalt erklärt sich von selbst
8. Der Weg zu den Besten – Management-Prinzipien für dauerhaften Unternehmenserfolg
9. Die 4-Stunden Woche – Der Klassiker für den Start als Online-Unternehmer <-----@@@@@@
10. Smart Business Concepts – Gute Schablonen für Online-Geschäftsmodelle

Geld

11. Investment Punk – Warum wir schuften und die anderen reich werden
12. Denke nach und werde Reich – Der Klassiker im Bereich Geld
13. Rich Dad Poor Dad – Das meistverkaufte Finanzbuch aller Zeiten
14. Die Kunst über Geld nachzudenken – Grundlegende Gedanken
15. Cashflow Quadrant – Grundregeln für den Einstieg als Investor
16. Der Crash ist die Lösung – Auch darauf sollte man vorbereitet sein
17. The Millionaire Fastlane – In jungen Jahren reich werden
18. Der Weg zur finanziellen Freiheit – Daran führt kein Weg vorbei
19. So denken Millionäre – Gute Glaubenssätze für den Umgang mit Geld
20. Der reichste Mann von Babylon – Die Grundregeln für Geld
>>
>>17248532

>How to win friends and influence people.

>The 4-Hour Work Week
>Die 4-Stunden Woche

Everyone raves about this one, but I don't think it's at all realistic to out-source your actual job, EVEN if you work as a programmer remotely, it's difficult.

Anyway, I will save the list, thanks.
Read it. I didn't get anything out of it at all, except further distaste for self-help books.

I know enough German to understand those titles.
>>
>>17248432
>>>/lit/
check the wiki
>>
The six pillars of self esteem - Nathani branden

Even if you are kind of good in self esteem, it could improve more by understanding the concepts of what builds and destroys self esteem.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.