[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was working out in the yard last week (mainly tearing down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 0612161233.jpg (381 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
0612161233.jpg
381 KB, 1280x800
So I was working out in the yard last week (mainly tearing down shrubs and weed whacking) and this stuff developed on my right arm and spread a couple of days afterwards.

I've applied a topical antihistamine and it works well for cutting down on the itching, but it doesn't make it go away.

I've had ecezema when I was younger (and when I played around outside) so could this be an allergic reaction to some plants I've come into contact with when I was working? Or is this poison oak or some shit?

At any rate, do I need to see my derm for this or can I pick something up at CVS to deal with this? Thanks.
>>
Flesh eating disease. Oh boy.
>>
>>17248313

Poison oak/ivy is a decent guess given your story, but I can't be sure because of how much you scratched that shit up.

Has it been a week or a couple of days. Poison ivy should be healing on its own by now if a week.
>>
>>17248313
Wait a day, if it's worse go to the doctor.
>>
That is flesh eating disease

Get to the er so they can amputate before it spreads!
>>
Poison Sumac or Oak. You may need a steroid.
>>
File: Bingo-1.jpg (14 KB, 160x141) Image search: [Google]
Bingo-1.jpg
14 KB, 160x141
Poison ivy

>Capsaicin cream
>>
>>17248370
My poison ivy dermatitis takes three weeks to subside.
>>
You could go to the doctor and get a topical steroid cream. Heals that kind of stuff in like 2-3 days.
>>
It might also be chiggers(aka no-see-ums). do they weep clear fluid? Do they get itchier and then less itchy? Is there raised swelling around each red spot? All of these details are helpful and hard to tell from the picture.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.