[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you just learn to not give a fuck what others think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1465748419145.jpg (64 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
1465748419145.jpg
64 KB, 422x750
How do you just learn to not give a fuck what others think?
>>
Realize that nothing matters because there will be a point in the future where all human achievement is laid to waste and forgotten and the universe will continue on much the same as if no human had ever existed, and that all pursuits in life are meaningless beyond the inherent meaning they have to you as the observer.
>>
tell yourself "fuck em all because we will all end up dead one day and no matter what we will a be equal so what ever the hell they want to say doesn't actually matter. Also realize the people who say shit are often insecure on the inside and don't know how to conduct themselves properly and you probably have a better chance than they do.
>>
>>17248308

1. Walk into job interview.
2. Don't give a fuck what they think.
3. Don't get job.
4. Like a baws.

1. Ask a girl out.
2. Don't give a fuck what she thinks.
3. Don't get date.
4. Like a baws.

"Not giving a fuck what people think" is a meme.

Watch this for explanation, maybe you will get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47MazYDnmaU
>>
>>17248332
Yes this anon
>>
>>17248308
Recognize yourself as a person of value with valid opinions and goals.
>>
just remember that everyone has their own shit going on in their heads, their own problems, goals, etc. And as others have said, one day you'll be in the ground and none of this matters at that point.
>>
>care so much that you freak out like a robot who's been given a paradox
>blow a fuse
>suddenly don't care at all about anything
>act invincible
>start connecting with people
>respect for their opinions infects you with the caring virus
>it spreads until you're paralysed for fear of anything you might do disappointing someone or embarrassing you
>rinse and repeat

It's worked for me so far.
>>
>>17248348
>"Not giving a fuck what people think" is a meme.
This. The trick isn't to stop caring completely: the trick is to stop deriving your sense of self-worth from it. There's a difference.
>>
>>17248332
This did it for me.
>>
File: ron_people.jpg (74 KB, 500x561) Image search: [Google]
ron_people.jpg
74 KB, 500x561
>>17248308
By learning the hard way that other people don't care about you.
They wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
So why spend the effort caring about them?
>>
>>17248332
This
>>
>>17248348
Pretty much this. Not giving a fuck is a prerogative of the very wealthy. You don't have the social networks, money or power to not care what people think. Everyone has to be cautious of their equals and respectful of their superiors. Not caring what people think will cause all sorts of problems in the average person's life.
>>
>>17248497

This.
>>
>>17248308

Thuglife
>>
File: 1463132042929.jpg (81 KB, 595x960) Image search: [Google]
1463132042929.jpg
81 KB, 595x960
>>17248332
>>
>>17248348
>Like a baws.
what does it even mean?
>>
>>17248348
>meme of thrones
dropped
>>
File: cutin.jpg (24 KB, 639x437) Image search: [Google]
cutin.jpg
24 KB, 639x437
>tfw so autistically self conscious about what others think of me that I still regret not smiling after saying thanks to a compliment on my looks
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.