[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since my Childhood, I've been biting on my nails and th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Nail_and_cuticle_bitting.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Nail_and_cuticle_bitting.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Since my Childhood, I've been biting on my nails and the skin around them (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_biting + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatophagia). Sometimes I even do it until I bleed.
It annoys me and probably makes me look really awkward. But sometimes I just get the urge to do it and just can't stop. My brother used to do it, but he quit. I've tried putting stuff that tastes gross on my nails, but that didn't help either.
What should I do?
>>
Oh yeah, I also crack my knuckles all the time, but it doesn't bother me as much and probably isn't connected.
>>
>>17248192

When do you do it the most? When you're bored, nervous, nothing better to do?
>>
>>17248209
All three probably, but sometimes I'm able to not do it when I'm nervous, as that probably is in a social situation, and as I've said, I'm really self-conscious about it.
However I also do it in situations like coming out of the bathtub, since it's easier then I guess (with the skin wrinkling up and all)
>>
>>17248192
Wear gloves?
>>
>>17248229
All day long?
>>
>>17248215

Do you do it any less when you're busy doing other stuff? Like working, exercising, using the computer? I mean, it's kinda hard to do those things with one hand.
>>
>>17248241
yeah, mostly
although, when I'm just browsing websites I mostly only use one hand
>>
>>17248192
I didn't stop biting my nails until I was 25.
I just wore gloves, pretty hard to bite your nails if you wear gloves.
Also trim them with nail clippers every few days to avoid temptation.
>>
>>17248285
I'll try that
>>
weird, i just decided to stop biting my nails. on day 3.
>>
gloves or but tape around your finger tips. If anyone asks im sure they'll understand.
>>
>>17248302
me again.

sometimes i almost forget and find myself about to bite my nails, but you just have to let the desire go. it's not the hardest thing ever. don't need gloves or tape. just will power.

starting to see my nails gradually getting longer. is good motivation to continue and put stupid habit to bed.

gl op
>>
>>17248326
thanks man
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.