[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was wondering how to go about telling my parent that I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1465458303649.png (1022 KB, 922x466) Image search: [Google]
1465458303649.png
1022 KB, 922x466
I was wondering how to go about telling my parent that I want to drop out.

Also wondering how I should tell them about my "issues".

Also there is a pretty long story behind why I want to leave and my problems but I'll only post about it if someone really wants to know.

Just fear how the news will impact my family.
>>
>>17247931
Tell the story, anon.

Are your parents not very accepting? I think you should just tell it to them straight, explain your reasoning and whatnot. That's all you can really do. That, or lie, which always snowballs.
>>
>>17247936
They're religious nut cases so yeah not at all accepting. I have already said something hit not everything and my father threatened to kick me out.

If I had anything to my name at all I would gladly leave.
>>
File: 1465241030107.jpg (84 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1465241030107.jpg
84 KB, 500x482
So far only thing keeping me sane is some of the advice I got from here.

Just hoping to get a job for this summer so I don't go NEET/homeless.
>>
You should be cool and stay in school.
>>
>>17247944
In that case, I would lie, get a job, and save up until you have enough to move out. I've seen it pulled off before, but you're going to have to cut ties with them, unless you want the shit storm of the century.
>>
>>17248028
I'd stay in school if the major I wanted was there and I had started off with it.

I never wanted to go to a university right off the bat let alone live there. They were all decisions made by my father.

>>17248044
I'm trying what I can I've had 4 interviews since the start of summer but nothing's sticking yet.
>>
>>17248081
Keep at it anon. I'm rooting for you. Are you going to go with the lying route? Make sure you make up a timetable for your classes and fake study, so it doesn't become suspicious.
>>
>>17248106
Think I'll just tell it to them straight. Lying to them just seems like asking for trouble.

What I'm wondering is exactly how to break it to them so they get it. They aren't very understanding. Primarily why I'm in this type of situation anyways.

Also funny thing is since I have no prior work history since I didn't work when I was younger it makes it much more difficult to land a job. This is all because whenever I would bring up work they said, "why would you ever need to work just worry about your studies."

I'm honestly of the impression I've been coddled but without the protective part. I'd like to add money has not been in my family ever since I was 5 we're still just barely scratching by.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.