[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An old project, a new passion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I've been working on a project for 12, almost 13 years, and I'm beginning to realize I might need help.

If I could build a good team of people who are skilled at what I require I am fairly confident that the project would turn out quite well.

Heres the problem, I'm a broke, talentless, introvert that has no idea how to get this thing to the next step
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
God, I hate ambiguous shut like this

>muh seekret project
>>
How about you post some more info?

What exactly do you need advice on?

Also if you've been working on it for 12 years you could have easy learned atleast 2 required skills needed for your project.
>>
The project is a game I've been trying to develop.

I've got a storyline, characters, most if not all of the game mechanics sorted out, dozens of unique locations, and an interesting hook that no other game has

Ive been trying to teach myself how to draw, code, and design, but it's very slow going.
>>
>>17247788
You are a selfadmitted talentless idea guy, who apparently after 12 years cannot even build a prototype.

Dwarf Fortress has been in dev for 14, hardly more than your apparent 13.
>>
>>17247722
I'm a musician. If you need help with proper tunes. Let me know, cuz a game with shitty music. Is a shitty game :^)
>>
>>17247795
It need everything.

It's why I'm trying to teach myself to draw. That way I can at least have some basic character models.

From there, I will probably try crowd funding campaign to hire a better artist, an editor, and hopefully a graphic designer.
>>
>>17247792
Yeah, I admit that others have made amazing games in the time it has taken me just to get to the point I'm at.

That changes nothing.

So what if someone else is making outstanding games in a fraction of the time i have even been trying. The end result is all that matters.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.