[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I kind of want to get into meditation how do you do it? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1465014019627 (1).jpg (138 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465014019627 (1).jpg
138 KB, 800x1200
I kind of want to get into meditation how do you do it?

I'm not really looking for extensive literature on it, just a an explanation how I could go about trying it, like a technique or something
>>
Relax and focus on breathing, but not force it.
It's a focusing exercise, the longer you hold the more mana you generate to cast fireballs.
No seriously, relaxing and focusing.
>>
>>17247611
Google and get all the answers you want
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpUNAFHgxM

You're welcome, famalam.
>>
>>17247611
Basically what I do is sit in a quiet room, usually dark, close my eyes and pay attention to my breathing. Don't think about anything. It takes a while to be able to completely zone out, but it's very relaxing when you finally achieve if.
>>
File: breatheAware_gif-01_buyalex.gif (340 KB, 544x474) Image search: [Google]
breatheAware_gif-01_buyalex.gif
340 KB, 544x474
(pic related)
>>
Try to get a pillow to comfortably sit on, Indian style (or crosslegged, however you call it). Straighten your back, get comfy, and let your body go as limp as possible while sitting straight up. Proper posture is essential.

After that, try to clear all thoughts in your head and focus on breathing. Inhale/exhale, breathing in with your nose and out with mouth, doing each as long as you comfortably can. Get into a rhythm of it. Try to last at least 10 minutes, but go as long as you like.

It took me a solid 8 or 9 sessions of slight changes to really get results, a good session can totally change you mindset. There are lots of videos to look at online that help (just google like 'how to meditate')
>>
>>17248940
Not OP, but I have scoliosis and my back tends to pop loudly while sitting in an upright position when I breath in.

It's really disruptive to my concentration. Is lying flat on my back a good alternative?
>>
>>17248945
Any position that you can remain still and comfortable.
Most people don't lay down because there's a tendency to fall asleep, but you can absolutely do it laying down.
>>
>>17248945
I'm not sure honestly, though chair meditation and walking meditation are common. Not sure about chairs, but walking is the same principle of stand straight while focusing on breathing. I'd recommend looking into those or how to meditate with back problems.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.