[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Distant girlfriend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: imincalifornia-shesinarizona.jpg (149 KB, 314x324) Image search: [Google]
imincalifornia-shesinarizona.jpg
149 KB, 314x324
Hey /adv/. I need help, desperately. Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 3 years now. We met hit off on my freshman year of high school. The catch to this, is that we met online. She told me that she has a medical issue, and she often self-harmed. As we fell deeper in love, I tried to help her with that. I took her under my wing like a father would (her dad is an unsupportive douche, and her mom is a religious zealot). We worked together. Oh my God, we were in love. We couldn't leave each other alone, we were so happy to be with each other, even if it wasn't face to face. Over the course of the year, we started skyping and talking on the phone alot. We finished each others sentenced, and made each other laugh. It was going well, even if she was emotionally dependent on me. That went on for 3 years.
As soon as March started, things started changing. (Side note: I'm not a very emotional person. As a kid I was picked on, and I was a fat little bitch. I saw emotion as weakness, and attempted to rid it through questioning my moral standings and the sort. It lead to me being emotionless besides temporary happiness (laughing at jokes and such) or just plain neutral. I can't feel much, and I'm kind of greatful for that. To an extent it hinders me when it comes to certain situations... But that's another story.) She started being less happy, not quite depressed, but just not happy. She would reply very abrupt and short things to me. When we'd talk on the phone, she'd be fine (not lovey dovey like she used to be, but not short with me). I didn't say a word about it. Every time I said something serious or tried to get personal, she'd be distant and would reply something along the lines of "Ok" or "Lol". Long story short, I let this keep happening. Summer started a few weeks ago, and she was still short with me. I go to the state she lives in once a year to see my grandparents. (About to hit text limit, next post will continue it)
>>
that's called a pen pal, not a girlfriend, you stupid fuck. either way: relationship over.
>>
The year before when I visited, I was a flakey faggot. Her mom (who we both agreed was crazy) wanted to drive over to my grandparents and meet me and have dinner. I got scared, because for some reason I can't explain well, I want comfortable with telling anyone about me being in a relationship. Her showing up out of nowhere would be too sudden. I told my girlfriend I refuse to do that. She took it well, at least I thought.

Just a few days ago, my girlfriend went off on me the week before coming to her state. She told me how many times I made her cry, how much I pissed her off, how pathetic certain things I used to do were, and why she was so distant. She told me how I could do better. For once in my life, I absorbed all of that and actually felt remorse. I decided to take her advice, and tried to tap into "my feelings", in order to make her happy.

Then, as soon as I arrived at where my grandparents live, she resumed being short and rude with me. She was emotive for maybe a little bit, then back to short again.

Today I've had enough, and I went all out on her. I pretty much told why I was the way I was, and that I wanted her to stop being short with me. I mean, we're seeing each other in person soon. I want her to be happy, not short with me. She shot back with how it's all my fault, and we argued on the phone and via text for about 3 hours. It's seriously effecting my mood, and people are noticing. I told her I wanted to stop fighting and work together about out problems, and she stopping replying all together. What do /adv/?
Sorry for my shit tier writing structure, I type like a massive faggot when I need to get shit off my chest.
>>
>I pretty much told why I was the way I was, and that I wanted her to stop being short with me.
I winced and stopped reading. you're awful and unfit to be in a relationship.
>>
Wow autismo, you need to get out of high school and then grow up a bit.

>internet relationships
Lol
>>
I was in a relationship exactly like this once back in middle school. The only difference is that we dated irl and her parents were chill. I say drop the relationship now before it snowballs into a much bigger and heartbreaking situation. Its gonna be hard to do, but it seems to me that the relationship is becoming one sided and your partner isn't really into you anymore. Let her go man, go find yourself a better woman who you can share your emotions with.
>>
>>17246284
>unfit to be in a relationship
It was chill as hell for 2 years. And I did admit that I was sorry about being a massive faggot the first time I visited her state and flaked out.
>>
>>17246310
Thanks anon. I have a feeling it will ending up getting worse, since she doesn't seem to want to talk about it at all.
But I'm in her state now. For a week. I could meet her. She's always wanted to, up until recently. She hadn't said much about it...
Do you think it would fix things of we spent some time together physically?
>>
>>17246345
From personal experience, it probably won't. If anything, it'll make the situation a whole lot more uncomfortable and awkward. You can try one date to a park or someplace quiet to talk about the relationship and then break it off there if nothing works out. If not then or she cuts you off, call it quits and leave early if you have to.

If things do seem to work out, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for a thriving relationship for long.
>>
>>17246359
True...
It's so fucked. We've spent so long together. I can't believe this happened in less than 3 months.
How would I break it to her? I mean, what if we have a great time?
Also, I what should I do right now? She hasn't replied. And it's been about 4 hours... What should I say to her, if anything at all? I just want her to answer at this point
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.