[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awkwardness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I have liked this girl on and off for almost two years. Thing is, she always ends up dating someone else, and she's dating my friend now.

I feel very awkward around her in general because she still initiates conversations with me even when she's in a relationship. She sounds rather sad and acts comparably awkward when talking to me (as opposed to talking to others) which to me has always meant someone liked me. But, she dates other people and is dating my friend now.

I never initiate conversations with her out of respect for their relationship, but she keeps trying to talk to me and acting adorably flirty and nervous. I normally can't manage more than a "Hi." and shortly answering her questions while avoiding eye contact. I don't know if her nervousness is because she thinks I'm creepy or for some other reason.

Should I act more friendly, or cut her off even more? How do I stop our teenage angst from bouncing off each other like a light ray between mirrors?
>>
Dude you're her backup guy, her plan B if all else fails
>>
>>17246535
How are you sure?
>>
>>17246806
not op. but as a grill i may have done this. and thats pretty much word for word it. advice, move on, find someone else, and force her to choose.
>>
>>17246850
Should I wait for to see if this relationship lasts, and if it doesn't start talking to her again and force her to be straight up?
>>
>>17246890
No, she's saying you should back off right now before this gets any worse. If she truly liked you she'd have gone for you!
>>
>>17246917
oh ok
But what if she doesn't even know I like her?
>>
>>17246924
She doesn't care if you do because she found someone she likes better.
>>
>>17246928
So what do I do when she tries to talk to me?
>>
>>17246931
Act normal as if she was an acquaintance. Which she is.
>>
File: one-does-not-simply-act-normal.jpg (50 KB, 551x325) Image search: [Google]
one-does-not-simply-act-normal.jpg
50 KB, 551x325
>>17246932
>>
>>17246948
Yes I know. I gotta deal with that same problem, a girl who showed zero interest besides nerd business with me. We gotta just deal with it I suppose...It's difficult I know, and it's going to require to take an emotional step back, maybe getting a bit colder towards them. Which is good, it means you'd rather be with someone who values you!
>>
>>17246962
Would it be ok for me to retain feelings and just do nothing about them?
>>
>>17246966
Yes that's fine. Try to meet other people if possible, too.
>>
>>17246970
I have met other people who seemed interested but feel like it wouldn't be fair to date them when I have feelings for her
>>
>>17246976
Why? You're not cheating on her and you will probably find someone much better. Moreover by growing more attached to someone else you'll be able to move on.

Or just be emotionally unavailable until you get over her.
>>
>>17246987
In order to get over people I need
1. for them to move away
and/or
2. me to convince myself that they're a psychopath
Neither is happening any time soon. I guess I'll wait until we graduate then maybe it'll be easier.
>>
>>17246976
try to date them

This shit just happens in HS, feelings are hard to control

But if you have a chance at some other cool girls, go for it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.