[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a law enforcement career any good? Anyone have experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Is a law enforcement career any good? Anyone have experience with this?
>>
It's hard to get into the ABC agencies without prior experience.

Your best best is to join the Air Force as Security Forces. They're the high speed cops of the military. Ever seen the movie Jack Reacher? Just like that
>>
Holding law enforcement job will open doors for you, once illuminatis ask you to join.

Imagine $, good life, unlimited access to pussy & probably -fake- fame?
>>
Are you in the US? Don't you watch the news? Right now, law enforcement is hell. Fucking hell.
>>
So long as you're not an officer, it's probably not that bad. I wouldn't want to be an officer, the few I've met did not seem like happy people.

Not bad people, just not happy.
>>
>>17244895
Honestly just have a high GPA, US citizen ship/ability to get clearance and one of their in demand majors. They also give out tons of internships...

Its like you haven't even posted their careers page...

Anything humint related you aren't getting into. They recruit real people in X or Y country to be their spies.
>>
>>17244965
No, he should DEFINITELY go Air Forc SecFo.

SecFo is looked up to by the entirety of the law enforcement community. He would have a direct in to any LEA.
>>
>>17244976
Is there a chance of going overseas by doing that?
>>
>>17245004
Yeah dude you deploy, it's like being infantry and a cop at the same time
>>
>>17245007
Oh it's military police
>>
>>17245105
Yeah I'm pretty much fucking with you, do not go security forces or any other MP at that, it sucks
>>
I'm a cop. From a human resources perspective, most police departments are horrible workplaces. The politics and bureaucracy suck ass, most police departments out there (in my estimation) are insanely dysfunctional organizations, and the right people do not get ahead. One common trait among police officers I've noticed is that the stress from the internal organizational bullshit is often far worse than anything they experience on the road. Please do not underestimate this. Also, depending on what state you live in, these are often extremely hard jobs to come by. Please don't make the mistake of assuming that local law enforcement is an easy field to get into, like many people do. It's brutally competitive and the standards in terms of your personal history, character, background, and mental/physical fitness are often far more stringent than many potential candidates seem to realize. Expect a 1-5 year job search if you're a good candidafe. This job will also strain your personal relationships to an extent many people are unprepared for.

I made about 65k last year, although a lot of this was forced overtime. It has its good and bad days, but overall it's a good life experience. If your heart and head are in the right place and you genuinely want to help people, and you can tolerate nonstop criticism, go for it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.