[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly why do women complain when they focus on their career/education
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (479 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
479 KB, 750x1334
Honestly why do women complain when they focus on their career/education or ride the cock carousel for a decade and then are shocked that they can't find a man? There are 4 women I work with, all in their late twenties, who were academic super stars and complain occasionally that they ant find anyone. That and their super high standards too.
>>
>>17244660
I think people wrongfully assume they must have somebody as similar to them as possible in order to be happy. They think "oh I have a 'career' so I can't be with someone who just works as a tradesman" or "I go to the gym so my partner needs to be a gym rat too".

But as it turns out a proper emotional connection is what matters most, at least I think so.
>>
Because they spent their entire childhood being told that "having it all" is the baseline for measuring up, against men or against each other, in society.

One could argue that there are parallels to the way the bitter unfuckables consider having sex to be the baseline that they fail to measure up to, only it's played out along more axes and ratcheted up to greater degrees.
>>
So I should give up now and become a baby making machine. Fulfil my evolutionary role, right? Eugh.
>>
>>17244660

People always complain. It's our nature. These girls focused on what was most important to them (academics/career, I guess), they didn't have time to focus on relationships, so they complain about not having a relationship. If they did it the other way around, they'd be complaining that they get bored all day and wish they had a fulfilling career.

It's not even a bad thing, it's just human. You're here doing it right now, complaining about other peoples' complaints.
>>
>>17244693
This.
>>
>>17244660
Because they're humans.
Most people, even if they make different choices that push them away from love, still seek the emotional connection and the safety of a good, long term relationship.
It's not that they are shocked, but humans aren't meant to be lonely and it's hard to deal with it.
>>
>>17244692

Just don't be surprised when you're 35 and nobody cares about your phd
>>
>>17244692
>So I should give up now and become a baby making machine. Fulfil my evolutionary role, right? Eugh.
Not at all. Quite the opposite, actually: understand that every decision has a price, and deliberately choose the combination of decisions and associated prices that best fits your dreams. Choose deliberately, without regrets, rater than muddling forward and complaining when circumstances you could have predicted and avoided come up.

There is nothing of "giving up" in this. Giving up implies ceding control, when what you need is to take control.
>>
>>17245106
>applying logic to feminist bait
dont waste your time
>>
>>17245116
Nothing wrong with questioning The Narrative.
>>
>>17245219
true. could have been a knee jerk comment.
>>
>>17244690

kek wtf
>only it's played out along more axes and ratcheted up to greater degrees.

i'm one of the 'unfuckables',a palatin, and have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not saying your axis comparision is wrong, I just have zero idea what your are talking about. kek.
>>
>focus only on career
might have problems finding a parther in the furute

>focus on cock carousel
never going to have a fixed partner, statistics, stigma, psychology, etc all pile up the odds against it
>>
women have been taught since their childhood (starting from around the 80s) that they 'deserve' whatever they desire, worked towards, dream of etc. so they can be a high power businesswoman, part time artist and have time for prince charming, or even that they can be a kfc cashier with no skills or aspirations and still deserve an MD husband. this is obviously untrue but that doesnt matter since as above its drilled into them. saddest part is they dont actually realise their folly until its 'too late' and theyve wasted their youth which is plainly their greatest asset, just the way evolution works

you can disagree with me triggered tumblrinas but you know in your heart its true
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.