[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl from the Netherlands with a super close online friend from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: vintage wallpaper 612x612.jpg (89 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
vintage wallpaper 612x612.jpg
89 KB, 612x612
Girl from the Netherlands with a super close online friend from the states. Is it strange that I think of him in a brotherly way? Can I tell him how I think of him? I don't know if he thinks of me in a sisterly way.
>>
>>17244453
This is why Europeans are fuckin weird man
>>
>>17244478
Is it strange if I think of him as my best friend then?
>>
>>17244478
Thats not the point. Whats weird is 1. You ask if you can tell him how you think of him, as if you're not allowed to do that. 2. You see others as brothers and sisters, what are you black?
>>
>>17244453

> autism
>>
>>17244492
>You ask if you can tell him how you think of him, as if you're not allowed to do that
I am scared he will find it strange. Like some people said you cannot even trust anyone you've met online.
>You see others as brothers and sisters, what are you black?
Sorry I didn't get this. Please rephrase it.
>>
>>17244493
Why autism?
>>
I have an UK friend and he sees me as his sister. I dont know why since we dont talk that much
>>
>>17244495
>Sorry I didn't get this. Please rephrase it
Watch the video and read the comments
https://youtu.be/FkUtYqwlHDM
>>
>>17244532
Is this what black people in the states are like?
I'm not American...
>>
>>17244453
It's not strange at all. People often forget these days they can have a friend of the opposite sex without wanting anything romantic with them. Relationships that siblings have are also, in many ways, safer than other ones, so it's no surprise you might think of your friend as your brother if he really is very close to you. I wouldn't worry about telling him "You're like a brother to me." Just act like it, and see if he reciprocates your affection. Good luck, Dutch-girl
>>
>>17244497

If you knew why, it wouldn't be autism.

Seek help.
>>
>>17244572
Well I am seeking help here
>>
If you are really really close friends, tell him. He won't find it strange. If not, just be friends.
>>
You run the risk of him being upset if he actually has feelings for you
>>
>>17244634
This. The "you're like a brother to me" comment has gotten a bad reputation for being an easy yet cruel way to let someone with feelings down. If he has feelings for you he can hear it more as "I don't even see you as a sexual being" than as "I feel closer to you than to a normal friend".

I'd just tell him you really appreciate the friendship.
>>
>>17244634
>>17244642
Well he said he never thought of me in a romantic way?
>>
>>17244609
Well we are very close. I said I never had a friend like this and he agreed.
Some people pointed out thaf it is not possible to develop a brotherly-sisterly relarionship with an online friend in another country though simply due to the physical distance.
>>
>>17244649
Eh, what the hell, just go for it then.
>>
>>17244654
Welp I asked him explictly if he has feelings for me or what.
Just wanted to clear things up and prevent misundersranding
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.