[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 7233825480.jpg (41 KB, 570x386) Image search: [Google]
7233825480.jpg
41 KB, 570x386
I've basically started an online relationship with a girl who lives in another state but we haven't actually talked about what we 'have' and set boundaries.

So is it cheating or morally wrong if I hook up with other girls irl? I have romantic feelings for this girl and want to be in a relationship with her, but only after we've met and maybe have a plan to move closer to each other. The girl I want to hook up with is a friend who I don't have romantic feelings for but am very close to. I'm kind of worried that if things get serious with the online girl and we get into a relationship she'd be upset if she found out about it/feel like I've cheated and want to break up. On the other hand I kind of feel like fuck it, we haven't talked about being in a relationship yet and I should be able to do what I want.
pic somewhat related

What do, /adv/
>>
I'd consider it cheating, but I acknowledge that it's a grey area. Would she be hurt if she found out? Would you be hurt if she did the same to you?
>>
>>17243910
I honestly don't really know how she'd react. She mentions stuff about hoping I don't fall in love with other girls and stuff but she also doesn't seem to be jealous when I talk about hanging out with girls - although I guess she could be hiding it.
I'd be hurt I think, but I also feel like I'd get over it fairly easily seeing as we haven't said anything about being official. It just feels weird putting my life on hold for someone that isn't my girlfriend.
>>
>>17243920
>She mentions stuff about hoping I don't fall in love with other girls and stuff
Anon, don't hook up with that other girl if you want a chance with this girl. Of course it's going to hurt her, if she has an interest in you. Keep it in your pants.
>>
>>17243920
>She mentions stuff about hoping I don't fall in love with other girls and stuff
Then you don't sleep with this other girl. Or don't pursue the internet girl. Those are your two options. That's all there is to it.
>>
Maybe this is a sign you should ask how serious you two are. There's obvious confusion as to what you can call your relationship. Why not figure that out before you add more to the mix? It seems you care for her which is good to hear. Maybe it's time to get some answers. Depending on what answers you get might tell you which direction you should work towards more.
>>
>>17243934
>>17243937
>>17243942

Fuck, guys, I really wanted to have sex. Alright I guess I'll talk to her about it beforehand. Also does anyone have any advice about online relationships/if they're worth it?
>>
>>17243963
Are you a virgin?
>>
>>17243963
>I really wanted to have sex
Boo fucking hoo.

Online relationships can be worth it, it really depends. If you're moving closer to one another, it sounds like the relationship has potential.
>>
>>17243967
No, just haven't gotten laid in about 3 months
>>
>>17243963
Are you a patience person?
>>
>>17243976
Odd, you have the mentality of a virgin.
>>
>>17243980
Because I want to have sex? Alright

>>17243977
I can be
>>
>>17243983
>Because I want to have sex? Alright
No, because you're placing so much importance on sex when you have another girl you've admitted you have feelings for and want to be in a relationship with, and you know she would be upset if you slept with another girl. It's the fact that you seem to have so much disregard for the feelings of the girl you like in favour of sex that makes you have the mentality of a virgin.
>>
>>17243992
I mean, I made this thread to get advice about whether it's okay or not, and said I wouldn't do it as soon as I got responses saying not to.
>>
>>17244003
The fact that you were even considering it speaks volumes though.
>>
>>17244007
Be honest, you were just looking for something to get mad about. Surely you realise that different people operate in different ways and hold different values. I've known this girl for a month or two and I'm not kidding myself into thinking we're going to be in love and live together for the rest of our lives. She's already shown trepidation about online relationships anyway, so it might not even be something she wants.
All I wanted was some opinions and I got them, peace.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.