[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck do I do if weed is literally ruining my life? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (875 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
875 KB, 1180x842
What the fuck do I do if weed is literally ruining my life? If I don't smoke it I can't sleep and I always do stupid irrational shit. It's not an addiction I've had these issues my whole life and no medication has ever helped except for marijuana. If I don't smoke weed I literally just lay in my bed with my eyes closed for like 7 hours straight with no sleep. I can't even survive with a small amount of weed I need like a gram right before bed and I need way more than that throughout the day.

I'm 24 with no savings whatsoever. I always do wreckless shit to get weed I already got a dui over it. I resorted to selling it just so I can have my medicine and I feel like I'm risking my entire future just so I can feel normal and have a full nights sleep. I'm literally ruining my life over something that I should be able to just plant in my backyard.
>>
>>17243784
Yet, they say its not an addictive drug. Slap of the fucking knee. Basically lock yourself in your room and start detoxification buddy ol pal
>>
>>17243784
>It's not an addiction
Good, then stop.
>If I don't smoke it I can't sleep
Don't sleep then.
>>
>>17243792
You guys are dumb as fuck I had these problems ever since I was a kid and weeds the only thing that fixes it

Are you honestly saying I should just struggle my entire life instead of consume a plant? I'm asking how to get it cheap or free not how to quit
>>
>>17243795
>You guys are dumb as fuck I had these problems ever since I was a kid and weeds the only thing that fixes it

You are dumb as fuck buddy boy, go and do 2 hours of physical activity and I guarantee you that you'll fall asleep you filthy degenerate.
>>
>>17243795
Then weed's not ruining your life then.
Go take a writing course OP, then maybe you'll be able to say what you mean.
>>
>>17243795
>'u dont no muh struggle!!!'
Of course we don't, little guy. Keep smoking that weed, it's not making you into a degenerate or anything. It's the only solution, right?
>>
I got a job that allowed me to smoke 2+ grams a day (while working 9 hour shifts), and it made me depressed. Not because I didn't feel relieve while I was able to smoke, but because it gives you an escape for the 3-4 hours a day while you're mind isn't occupied. It doesn't matter that it's marijuana, it's an addiction to feeling numb. You'd find it someway or another, it's just something you found worked for you through trial and error. Every time I go "cold turkey" and I can't smoke weed, something replaces it. Whether it's a video game, going to the gym, a tv series, or my vivid dreams from post-weed smoking haze, my body will try and fill the void. You need to fill the void. Addictive personalities need something, positive or negative, to fill that gap. It's up to you to choose what the filler is.
>>
>>17243802
Weeds not ruining my life dumb fuck it's money and money only

Half you retards are on some bull shit pharma medication right now
>>
>>17243815
Someone doesn't know the definition of addiction. You come here on this thread seeking help. We offer you proven methods and you trash them. No wonder why youre going no where, asshole.
>>
>>17243818
How is it an addiction when I use as medicine
>>
>>17243815

>What the fuck do I do if weed is literally ruining my life?
>Weeds not ruining my life dumb fuck
>>
>>17243820
That is the stupidest thing I think I've heard today. Congratulations. You are stupider than I originally thought.
>>
>>17243820
The same why morphine addicts are addicted to morphine
>>
>>17243826
So if someone takes anti depressants they are addicted to them? Oh
>>
>>17243820
Refer to my post 3 posts above you. Anything can be medicine when you're psyche is in pain. Weed isn't a cure, it's a temporary fix; this is coming from some who still self medicates, and in whatever way possible. If you're looking for a simple answer for a replacement for marijuana in your life, there isn't one. Find the root of your problems, and you can work from there. It's your addictive personality, and the temporary reprieve, that is causing problems
>>
>>17243840
I don't care if I'm addicted I just want an unlimited source of it
>>
>>17243838
Anti-depressants aren't addictive, marijuana is. Just because you take them for medicinal purposes doesn't mean they can't be addictive.
>>
>>17243849
Weed is not addictive
>>
>>17243845
You're going to need to do some revolutionary research in physics in order to achieve this.
>>
This is literally the most cancerous. Stupidest fucking thread Ive seen.
>>
>>17243850
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>17243845
Then you're a troll or truly delusional if that's all you got out of my post. "Weed is ruining my life". You have 2 choices. You either change that, or I can get you a dude that sells a little something stronger than weed
>>
>>17243879
Dude I've had problems since I was a fucking infant I can't just fix them they're permanent problems and a temporary solution is all I have
>>
I have a medical card, and have for quite some time. I come from a different perspective because I had never tried weed/THC before a doctor recommended it to me.

Losing sleep happens every time I am not able to smoke it, which is basically any time I leave the state or spend the night somewhere that isn't my place. However, the sleeplessness goes away after 3 days. In the mean time, I subsist off large amounts of coffee.

When you go from using every day to not using, the most obvious thing to me is that everything seems boring. It's very important to do things when you get off from using every day or the bore will be unbearable. Do not spend any time on the internet or watching tv -- do something that actively engages your mind, such as reading, writing, a new video game, art, etc.

As for quitting, it is much more difficult than it not being chemically addictive. If the people around you smoke, then you will want to smoke with them. You will have to cut all smokers out of your life, or at least cut them out while they are smoking. If you usually smoked before X-boring task, it will be tough to do again (think showering, cooking, whatever).

But it's definitely doable. I would just recommend finding a job or a way of making money that is legal and doesn't require sobriety. I smoke nearly every day, make $50k a year, and have no plans to quit. I did have to be sober to get the job though -- even a couple weeks off will give you new perspective.
>>
>>17243890
Yeah I'm more concerned with having a supply then quitting or anything

You're lucky though with your medical card you can grow but growing is stupid as fuck anyway because it costs 500-1000 dollars and the weed is usually shit

Don't see why I can't just grow in my yard and sleep at night
>>
>>17243887
If you want a solution for the weed addiction, you need to replace it with something else. That's what you asked for. If there are underlying problems for the marijuana use, you need to address that. No one can tell you what you need to do for your specific situation. If you want to tell me about the underlying cause of the need to self medicate, I can try and guide you, but you're in control of your thoughts. You smoke because it takes away pain. You smoke because it gives you an excuse for failure. You smoke because "it's not as bad as heroin, this is a healthy drug". You have a reason for smoking constantly, and it isn't just because you're bored. It fills a void if your life, or reassures your "lack of motivation". If a chronically depressed person had unlimited money, they would try and find any way to numb the pain
>>
>>17243849
>Anti-depressants aren't addictive
https://www.addictioncenter.com/stimulants/antidepressants/
https://www.futuresofpalmbeach.com/addictions/prescription/antidepressants/
http://sciencenordic.com/scientist-antidepressants-cause-addiction

There are millions of studies out there that prove they are addictive, causing severe withdrawal symptoms when stopped. Just because big pharma says they aren't doesn't make it true. Big Tobacco still claims they don't cause cancer do you believe them?
>>
>>17243895

You need to be honest with yourself -- the only way to get a continuous supply of $500/month worth of weed is to make over $2000/month to cover other expenses.

It might suck for 6-8 weeks getting your life completely "together" where you can make that much money -- or perhaps longer if you are not a skillful or intelligent person.

In my mind, I simply wasn't existing for the 7 week sobriety period I went through a few years back. You can do it too.
>>
>>17243900
Dude I just want weed not some therapy session I need to know how to produce it myself
>>
>>17243900

Coming from someone who did heroine and now only smokes weed, weed is much healthier for more than just biological reasons.
>>
>>17243903
Even if I did that I would feel like shit by wasting all that money on weed it's a plant and I should have it free
>>
>>17243908

I'm not sure you've researched how high quality weed is grown; it isn't a cheap process. You need to be in an environment that is perfect for the strand you want, or you need to create that environment in your home. Setting up a small growing operation often costs upwards of $10,000, then there is the cost of seed, cost of labor, cost of electricity to keep the environment right, etc.

Growing tobacco in your back yard is perfectly legal. Know any smokers who do it?
>>
>>17243904
As the other person stated then, this is the stupidest fucking post. Move to Colorado or try heroin, it's cheaper. Weed isn't fixing you, just like antidepressants wouldn't fix you. Take an active role in your life and determine the cause for it. Or sell it so you can smoke for free, I couldn't give a fuck, but if you're going to ask for advice and reject it, do you. Your body's gonna get used to patterns, I.e. Sleeping or eating after smoking. That's a 48 hour process and the simplest of your problems
>>
>>17243913
Wrong and stupid
>>
>>17243907
Telling someone to take a lesser mind altering substance over a more altering substance is a step, not a solution
>>
>>17243850
Correction, weed is as addictive as you want it to be...
>>
>>17243929
>weed isn't addictive
>but I have to smoke as soon as I wake up so I feel normal
laughinggirls.exe
>>
>>17243932
Le not exactly. There literally is no physical dependancy on Weed. Hence it's only as addictive as you want it to be :^).
>>
>>17243943
I completely get what you're saying, but you're body adapts to what you expose it to. You may not die from physical dependency to weed, but smoking every possible moment makes it hard to sleep or eat sober.
>>
>>17243784
This sounds more like a justification to continue smoking rather than someone who wants to quit desu
I used to smoke every single day for years and thought i needed it because of depression and other bs justifications.
I quit just over a year ago because i was sick of being complete anti-social and spending every weekend blazed out of my brain.

It takes a couple of weeks to be able to sleep normally, you will be irritable and craving it for a few more weeks after that but if you make it past about 2 months with no weed you start to feel so much better than you ever did smoking.

When your latest batch runs out throw your bong or whatever you use to smoke it away, delete your dealers number/s and begin detox.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.